Search results

1. Phil S

State of the Site(s) message

Our sites are doing well - yes we have two, ncwoodworker.net and the new ncwoodworker.com The forum site, ncwoodworker.net, was successfully moved to a new platform. With the new platform we are no longer dependent on unsupported custom patches. We owe a big thanks to Ron (flyingron) for all...
  2. Phil S

RDU Lunch this Friday - Feb 21

Just a stones throw from the Cary Klingspor store Lunch will be at Macgregor Draft House in Macgregor Village. I will set it up for 11:30 Hope to see you there
  3. Phil S

Wall Tool Cabinet - Progress report

Getting closer - I still have to add some cork panels and cherry frames to the front of the door And then take all the tools back out and spray with finish Just to refresh your memory here is my original plans - not much detail but my norm The outside view shows more work is required...
  4. Phil S

Searching for a replacement carving gouge

I broke one of my Grandfathers chisel today. I am hoping to find a replacement. Originally purchased during the 1920s, probably out of warranty. First photo shows the entire set, the broken #11 gouge is in the upper right. Handle says Buck Brothers. The is stamped CJ Addison from Sheffield...
  5. Phil S

RDU Lunch this Friday - Jan 17

Just a stones throw from the Cary Klingspor store Lunch will be at Macgregor Draft House in Macgregor Village. I will set it up for 11:30 Hope to see you there
  6. Phil S

The job I did not want but ...

Knew I had to do. Today I rather quickly built, but with a lot of love. Joan loved tulips, the color blue and she always wore an ichthys on her necklace, so I incorporated all in her urn. For those wanting to know, services will be held at Christ Episcopal Church on Capital Square in...
  7. Phil S

Lovingly Remembered

Last evening, Joan, my wife and soul mate peacefully passed away at home. For all the charitable work and and good will she spread, Joan will be remembered by many. Just wanted to let my woodworking family know
  8. Phil S

RDU Christmas Lunch this Friday - Dec 20

9. Phil S

Free lights

I have not given any lights away for awhile. I have just been tossing the old fluorescent fixtures in hope that everybody would opt for more energy efficient LED lights. Nobody has been giving away LED fixtures until now. I have 15 2x4 LED fixtures that need a new home/shop. These are good...
  10. Phil S

Cyprus strips for canoe building

I have a good friend that is making a stripper canoe. I told him to make some extra strip and he made way too many. Now he has 80 strips for sale. Each is 3/4 x 1/4 x 144" and are milled with a cove and bead. All are vertical grain cyprus. 80 strips are enough to make a standard size canoe...
  11. Phil S

Free workbench and wall cabinet

I am getting ready for the shop crawl. I need to give a few items away The workbench is 24 x 60 x 36 with a leg vise - very old The wall cabinet is about 48 x 30 x 3 deep - great for planes Available for free in my NE Raleigh shop. First come/first served
  12. Phil S

RDU lunch this Friday - Nov 15

13. Phil S

Truly new and improved

Now that you are all comfortable with the new forum software, the Board of Directors is pleased to announce yet another enhancement. Many of us have longed for a site that is more welcoming and descriptive of what we do, especially to new guest viewers - a bit more splash as they say. A wish...
  14. Phil S

Hand Tool Wall Cabinet - work in progress

Just getting started. I really need a storage cabinet for all my hand tools Cabinet sides will be cherry and door panels will be baltic birch with the front panel veneered with curly cherry Overall dimensions are 55" wide by 30" tall by 15" deep. To carry the weight the main hinges (one on...
  15. Phil S

RDU Lunch this Friday - Oct 18

16. Phil S

More free cabinets

Three uppers and two base cabinets - free These base cabinets have separate base platforms A big thanks to Fred for taking these down and saving them
  17. Phil S

RDU lunch this Friday - Sept 20

18. Phil S

Free strip lights

I have about a dozen T8 light fixtures There are more than shown in these photos. Ready for pickup in Raleigh
  19. Phil S

Ultimate glue-up bench top - free

I have a spare solid surface top that is free. 25 x 66 x 1.25 and very heavy. Polished on one long side and at least one end. Located in Raleigh
  20. Phil S

Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

We are approaching capacity, we must limit to 30 Only two spots left After we signup 30 crawlers, I will start a standby list This great tradition began in Raleigh (thanks Doug R). It is time to have another. We will start by visiting two or three shops in north Raleigh, have a lunch stop at...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS