Search results

1. bbrown

Shop Fox W1758

PM sent
  2. bbrown

Danish Cord Bench

I'd be interested in how you did the weaving. Very nice project.
  3. bbrown

Looking for a strip sander

I've got one you could have as well. I could bring it to my work in Albemarle, but Scott might be closer to you. --Bill
  4. bbrown

Wall Tool Cabinet - Progress report

Very nice Phil.
  5. bbrown

F + W Media

I just did an interview with Popular Woodworking......https://www.popularwoodworking.com/interviews/new-woodworking-school-opening-in-maine/ I enquired with the publisher about placing an ad for my new woodworking school and asked about the rumours that they were not doing well. The answer I...
  6. bbrown

Automatic dust collection

Thanks!
  7. bbrown

Anyone have contact info for Alan or know his NCWW name?
  8. bbrown

I'm finally looking to get a serious dust collection system installed. There's been a few recent threads of interest. I'm wondering if any folks have automated their systems (Dust collector turns on and blast gate opens when the machine is turned on) and what might be recommended for a...
  9. bbrown

Woods I am currently working with

Great to see these unusual woods. I do like Katalox as an ebony substitute. Where do you buy these?
  10. bbrown

Research Triangle or Raleigh to Albemarle, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Rt. 29 corridor to Lynchburg

Hi Bruce, Nice of you to reply to my somewhat convoluted request :) When are you headed through Lynchburg? If it's after Fri AM, I could meet you there or if before, I could have my wife meet to pick up the joiner. Really appreciate your considering this. --Bill
  11. bbrown

Research Triangle or Raleigh to Albemarle, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Rt. 29 corridor to Lynchburg

I bought a biscuit joiner from Anthony (agrieco) in Raleigh, near Crabtree Valley Mall (works at Research Triangle Park). This would save me a few hours of driving if anyone is coming to any of these above areas. I work in Albemarle, NC and commute up Rt. 29 to my home in Lynchburg, VA area...
  12. bbrown

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

Ed, that was a super review and very helpful. I'll take a look at the NorthStar. Thanks so much.
  13. bbrown

This size might be fine. I only use it for blowing dust and shavings, and occ. nail gun/pinner. I want to get rid of my monster compressor which is very loud, probably more power than I need, and taking up too much room.
  14. bbrown

The job I did not want but ...

God bless you and your remaining family Phil. I am so sorry to hear about your wife's death. I will say a prayer for you and know that this must be very hard. Our 25 year old son died unexpectedly two months ago - life can never be the same, but we also know that he is in a far better place...
  15. bbrown

Thanks everyone. That was very helpful. I think I'll look at the HF 2 Gallon model. The reviews are very good..... https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gallon-12-hp-135-psi-ultra-quiet-oil-free-professional-air-compressor-64596.html
  16. bbrown

Anybody have any luck with the Harbour Freight ultra-quiet unit?
  17. bbrown

Thanks Scott. I'll probably order the one I linked; $330 and free shipping. It got an awful lot of 1 star reviews though, so that made me a little nervous. Seems some of them die in less than a year, some parts are cheap, connectors break off, etc.
  18. bbrown

Hello folks. I'm seeking advice for an "ultra-quiet compressor" for moderate to light duty: nailing, and blowing air mostly in my reproduction furniture shop. Not spraying or power sanding. The main feature I need is low noise, but also, of course, want reliability and something that will...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS