Search results

1. Chuck N

Hegner Scroll Saw Question Someone is selling for 300 bucks

Great price, particularly with the stand.
  2. Chuck N

Burial Urn for My Father

I just completed an urn for my father using the NC Woodworking plan. He was a career USMC helicopter pilot who began his career in Korea in the enlisted ranks as an infantryman and was promoted into the officer ranks. Went to flight school and was an early helicopter pilot. Earned Purple...
  3. IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

Urn constructed in March 2019 from NC Woodworker plan for my father Lt. Colonel Charles L. Nesbit a career Marine pilot. Earned purple hearts in Korea and Vietnam. Multiple Air Medals and other decorations. Pilot for Marine One under Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Made of walnut and maple.
  4. IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Urn constructed in March 2019 from NC Woodworker plan for my father Lt. Colonel Charles L. Nesbit a career Marine pilot. Earned purple hearts in Korea and Vietnam. Multiple Air Medals and other decorations. Pilot for Marine One under Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Made of walnut and maple.
  5. Chuck N

Yost Clamps

A 7" Yost rapid acting woodworking bench vise is one of the Amazon deals of the day today (2/13/2018). $62.26 with free prime shipping. Rates 4.6 out of 5 stars with 100 reviews. The 7" weighs 22 pounds. Reviews on the Amazon site say it is a bear to mount but purchasers seem very delighted...
  6. Chuck N

Dewalt Tough System Tool storage reviews, or alternatives

I'm intrigued by the Bosch boxes. It appears my Senco PC1010 small quiet compressor may fit perfectly inside the L-Boxx 4.
  7. Chuck N

Grizzly Sale - DeWalt 20" Scroll Saw $399

I received an email this morning from Grizzly. From September 25 to October 1 Grizzly is offering the Dewalt 20" Scroll saw with stand and light for $399.95, a savings of $200 off the "regular" price. Shipping is an additional $23.99. Model #H7414. I don't know if Grizzly charges tax on...
  8. Chuck N

Ductless Split

My shop is 23' x 32.5' (747 sq ft) in a basement with 9 foot ceilings. It is a daylight basement with one 32.5' wall exposed. That wall is 2x6 construction insulated with sheetrock on the interior and brick on the outside. The exterior door is insulated and the exterior window is double pane...
  9. Chuck N

Invitation to gallery opening

Unfortunately I cannot attend tonight but I did stop in Danbury yesterday to view the exhibit. Beautiful work. You have much to be proud of.
  10. Chuck N

Klingspor Festool demo

A couple of photos of the event.
  11. Chuck N

Woodworkng Books for sale at Reynolda Manor Branch Library in Winston-Salem

The Reynolda Manor branch library in Winston-Salem received a large donation of back issues of Fine Woodworking magazine, Woodsmith, Shopsmith, and a number of woodworking books. These publications are being sold by the Friends of the Library for prices ranging from 25 cents for magazines to...
  12. Chuck N

Gamble House

My wife and I visited the Gamble House during a recent trip to California. The house has been maintained close to its original early 1900's appearance. The craftmanship of the home and the furnishings is superb. Regardless of the behavior of the company today, in the early 20th century the...
  13. Chuck N

Looking to buy a bandsaw

Rikon 10-325 for sale on Craigslist. Located in Eden with extra blades: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/5201674377.html Rikon 10-325 for sale on Craigslist. Located in New Bern: http://eastnc.craigslist.org/hvo/5223761362.html Powermatic 14" bandsaw with Carter guides on...
  14. Chuck N

Need to Upgrade Bandsaw...You?

Grizzly G0555 14" Bandsaw is currently on sale for $555.00 including shipping. No sales tax if shipped to NC and ordered directly from Grizzly. I don't know anything about the Grizzly except there are favorable comments about it on some woodworking forums. You'd probably want to add the 6"...
  15. Chuck N

Ready to buy a 3D printer

One good thing about the evolution of technology, the price of filament will come down. A number of entrepreneurs are working on machines to grind up common plastic bottles (soda bottles, shampoo bottles) from your recycling bin or household trash into filament for 3D printers. This recycling...
  16. Chuck N

Letter for your Donation For Taxes

Bertha, I would appreciate a letter proving the amount of donations to NC Woodworkers in 2014. My name and address is: Charles L. Nesbit, Jr. 2750 Wellsprings Drive Pfafftown, NC 27040 Thank you. Chuck
  17. Chuck N

Disappointing woodworking class

Gonzalo, If I were in your shoes I'd feel exactly the same way. I'd rather hear bad news quickly and directly, with enough time to change my plans, than hear nothing. Much like the experience I described with the supplier I drove 2 hours to see. I'd rather have been told when I made the...
  18. Chuck N

I couldn't agree with you more. Quality product, fair price, superb customer service, and operating with integrity to customers and employees are the most critical success factors for a business. When a business starts trying to short cut any of the above, for any reason, it begins to run into...
  19. Chuck N

I've seen the "rock star" behavior you describe. I've also seen people who as they become more successful are able to control the "ego" dimension of fame but do experience difficulty managing their increasing time commitments effectively. In many instances they say yes to too many requests and...
  20. Chuck N

It is unfortunate you had a bad experience with Greg. My two experiences taking classes with him have been very good. In late June of this year I took the two day Festool System Essentials class at his Canton workshop. I signed up for the class with Festool directly. Greg teaches the class...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS