Search results

1. Yelverton

How to bevel the edge of a circle?

Thanks - I could have spent time finding some material that was more uniform, but I decided that I like the contrast. A little bit of figure adds just enough interest without it being too perfect to worry about actually using it.
  2. Yelverton

Just a quick update on this project - I ended up making a table saw circle jig and a router circle jig. I used the former to cut out the circle, including the chamfer, in one step. I used the latter to route a ring-shaped groove in the bottom of the piece of the bearing to sit in. Nice to have...
  3. Yelverton

Yep, my plan is to have a small vertical band on the top edge with the chamfer below.
  4. Yelverton

I saw some pretty impressive circle cutting jigs on youtube - some of them definitely seem safer than expected. Using one of those with a center pin shorter than the depth of the disc would also let me avoid having a hole in the top of the piece.
  5. Yelverton

Another lazy susan question since you guys have all the answers: I bought the attached large diameter lazy susan bearing a couple of years ago and now that I've gotten it out of storage it's gummy and slow to turn. Do you think it's salvageable for this project by greasing the bearings? With...
  6. Yelverton

Yeah, the plan is to mock it up for some practice. I may modify my circle cutting jig to work for this task, since I have to set it up to make the circle in the first place. My only real concern is tear out as I get to the end grain with the chamfer bit.
  7. Yelverton

Yep, the electrons are going to get it. No mercy.
  8. Yelverton

Pattern chamfer bit, excellent idea. I didn't realize they were available in a variety of angles. Looks like either 15 or 22.5 will work just fine. Much appreciated.
  9. Yelverton

Good afternoon, all. My first post-holiday project is a lazy susan. Pretty straightforward, but there's one wrinkle - I want to bevel the edge inward toward the bottom of the disc, kind of a Reese's Cup shape. See side-profile picture attached. I cant quite come up with a safe and reasonable way...
  10. Yelverton

Tenoning jig miter slot fitment

Welp, success. I filed down the miter bar to fit. Took maybe 15 mins of filing and just a couple of minutes to reinstall and adjust for square. There was plenty of play in the allen screws that hold the miter bar to the body of the jig, so getting things square wasn't a problem.
  11. Yelverton

Yep, I've made a number of miter bars for jigs and actually have some stock already milled to size. My only challenge there will be getting the holes drilled exactly right so that it's square to the jig face.
  12. Yelverton

Absolutely makes sense to me. I'll try filing and see how it works. Better to modify instead of buying, as far as I'm concerned. If that doesn't do the trick I'll try a wood runner. All of my shop-made table saw jigs use them, but it may be difficult to get it perfectly aligned since holes will...
  13. Yelverton

Thanks to all for your feedback.
  14. Yelverton

The saw is a Ridgid TS2412, not a Craftsman. I don't have access to a milling machine, unfortunately.
  15. Yelverton

So I recently picked up a (very lightly) used Delta tenoning jig from a fellow woodworker. It's in great shape, but I've run into one issue - the steel runner is slightly too wide to fit into the miter slots on my table saw. The runner is attached from the top of the jig with two screws which I...
  16. Yelverton

Basement Shop

My shop is in my basement (just out of necessity), and I don't have significant issues with dust. The noise can be an issue when using my planer or router, but it's manageable. I use an ambient air cleaner all the time when working and my dust collector or shop vac for dust-producing tools. When...
  17. Yelverton

New shop!

I am so jealous, that's a great space. We're looking for houses in Durham now and shop space is a must-have. We haven't seen many places with shop space this perfect. I really enjoyed setting up my current shop and setting up yours will be a very fun project.
  18. Yelverton

Hardware for attaching french cleat to wall

Thanks very much. Definitely happy with how it turned out.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS