Search results

1. B

Latest Project from Less than Perfect Board

Making those pulls appears to be just as big of a pain as I thought it might be. There's no question that the end result is a detail that really works and is clearly worth the extra effort.
  2. B

Latest Project from Less than Perfect Board

Great results on that project. I like the pulls. If you made those, I'd love to know how you did it.
  3. B

Ancient Jointers

The Craftsman jointer fence is the dark blue/black one with the slotted sheet metal piece.
  4. B

How many slivers do you have currently?

Anybody remember Douglas fir plywood?
  5. B

Buying Clamp Racks

Wall space gets precious. Those single racks look good at first, but considering the space that has to go between them, I think a solid board against the wall with a board at the top spaced for the clamps will give more clamps per foot of wall storage. Below is one I made for some standard bar...
  6. B

Tenoning jig miter slot fitment

If the saw in question is a Sears saw, then there's a problem. The slots on most Sears saws was slightly under 3/4" making it impossible to use other maker's slot accessories. Do this test: A penny is exactly 3/4" diameter. See if a penny drops down in the slot. If it doesn't quite go, then the...
  7. B

Vintage Powermatic 6" Jointer - $150

That's a deal no matter what you've got to put into it to get it right. here's the list prices from 1997
  8. B

Door Magnet Kit Question

There may be other magnets suitable for that application. I like Apex Magnets and have been using them for years. They have all kinds of magnets. Link below Countersink
  9. B

How many slivers do you have currently?

Back in a storage area of the shop I have a little overhead task light, a magnifying visor, and a set or two of good jeweler's tweezers. I found that the cheap look-alike tweezers bend easily early on. When I get a sliver, I walk back to the area, switch on the light, pick up the tweezers, don...
  10. B

Degreaser on new bandsaw table?

It varies as to what the makers put on the cast iron to deter rust during the crossing of the Pacific. I used to see beeswax coatings., sort of like gooey bullet lube. Lacquer thinner was the only thing that was efficient in removing it. Had to be a little careful. The paint would remove...
  11. B

SOLD Rockwell/Delta 9" Table Saw with 4" Jointer - Great Condition!

The mid to late 1960s Delta machines are my favorite. Finding one in that condition is somewhat rare. After fifty years, any machine can succumb to abuse or neglect.
  12. B

SOLD Rockwell/Delta 9" Table Saw with 4" Jointer - Great Condition!

Look under "combo machines" http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=1141&tab=4&sort=1&th=false&fl=
  13. B

Ancient Jointers

The top one with the rusty bed is a Sears box-bed jointer from the 1970s. My first jointer was one of those. Probably a 113.3068 or 113.3069. The stock number will be on the tag. The lower one is a Sprunger Brothers with an aluminum cutterhead. Likely older than the Sears jointer. Given...
  14. B

Mortising chisel sharpening

Gripping the back seems to leave a lot of chisel hanging out. What's been your experience with that method when sharpening mortising chisels? There must be lots of different ways to accomplish that task. Like everyone, I'd love to see photos of other methods. For me, I use a method...
  15. B

Lowes changes to Military Discount

Wrong. It's 11.1%, not 10% :) If all vets get a 10% discount, then everyone else pays 11.1% more than the vet. ..just running some numbers.
  16. B

circular planers

Found this on Infinity's Q&A section
  17. B

circular planers

If a router frame and sled are what you really want to do, there's always Infinity's 2" wide router bit. Not for a lightweight router, I think.
  18. B

circular planers

I also know pattern makers that use them and prefer them for certain things. Its essentially a fly cutter intended for wood. Old technology. 30" x 48" is way too large of a scale. A hand plane and set of winding sticks would be the cheapest, quickest solution.
  19. B

Mortising chisel sharpening

The point of that tip was mostly to show how easily a 4-jaw scroll wood lathe chuck can be for holding the chisel. The USA-made Greenlee type and the European type chisels have different internal angles to accommodate the different bit tip geometry. Not only will a Dremel replicate the...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS