Search results

1. DSWalker

How many slivers do you have currently?

One of my worst was in the barn. I have rough cut lumber on the walls. I was reaching for a pair of sissors that hang on a nail to cut open a bale of hay. I got a big 'sliver' right under the finger nail. If I had cameras in the barn I likely could have won $10k on AMERICAS FUNNIEST VIDEOS...
  2. DSWalker

Dust collector

This is an EXCELLENT price. You would do well to grab this. I bought the exact same for $150 about a year ago and rarely see them for less than $200. Mine is mobile and I use it on TS, band saw, planer and jointer. Direct hook up. No problems.
  3. DSWalker

Chairs... looking for some

I'm building a table for my daughter and she wants some chairs similar to below. I told her I'd check here to see if anyone makes something similar. I forgot to ask, but I know she wants 4 and possibly up to 6. Let me know if you are interested and if so, send a PM with pricing and a...
  4. DSWalker

Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

Hey Phil, Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. Just have too much to do before a Christmas trip to TN in a few weeks. Seems like there are several in waiting for spots, so please offer up my place to the next in line. Hope you get this before sending out the final instructions!
  5. DSWalker

Needing use of large planer for one board -- near Cary

Isn't this the perfect opportunity to go buy a new toy to help take care of this!? :) A nice 4" belt sander would take care of that pretty quick. I have a 20" planer but am probably about 45 min to an hour away in Four Oaks. I'm sure others will be around to offer up assistance. If not, let...
  6. DSWalker

Need input on shop window size

Another thought on your windows. If you know any local small owner contractors/builders you might check with them. I recently did an addition to my house. He ordered the wrong windows and had to replace at his own cost. I can imagine this might be a regular occurrence for others. They might...
  7. DSWalker

Need input on shop window size

I agree with others about the wall space taking priority. I have two small windows, not sure of the size, maybe 28x30. I did want to be able to see out, but when in the shop, I'm usually focused on other things than looking outside. :) Lighting can be provided with good and ample LED's. I DID...
  8. DSWalker

250th Segmented Turning

Spectacular! Speaking of time and hours. Just how long does one like this take you to complete?
  9. DSWalker

Upcoming project with 7 yr old girl

Very nice. My granddaughter loves rubbing in the mineral oil on cutting boards.
  10. DSWalker

Sanding error

I'm all about added character, but those just looked a little too man made. :)
  11. DSWalker

Sanding error

I hate when this happens. Couldn't see it till after stained. Had to start over. Bummer. One of the downsides to a heavy duty belt sander. (Upper left corner) 2nd attempt came out much better. Just lost about half a days shop time.
  12. DSWalker

Best method to apply stickers

The bag box is a great idea. I'll have to incorporate that into mine. Thanks!
  13. DSWalker

How about paint, BB rattle can spray shellac, apply stickers, then a water based General Finish poly? Or just more shellac?
  14. DSWalker

I'm making a corn hole game set for my sister. She bought some College Football mascot stickers to apply on the top of the boards. Should I paint, apply sticker and then apply a clear top coat? Or paint, apply top coat, then apply sticker and another clear coat? Or some other method? I...
  15. DSWalker

Forum Access

Well, my boss was happy because I had a very productive day at work w/o access to the site. Lolololol
  16. DSWalker

Fair winds and following seas

Best wishes. Hope the move goes as smoothly as it can.
  17. DSWalker

Finish on Poplar

Thanks for the replies. This helps to set expectations if I buy any of them.
  18. DSWalker

Finish on Poplar

I'm thinking about getting some poplar slabs similar to this photo. I really like the green colors. When clear coating, would it maintain the color? Any suggestions on a finish to highlight the color tones?
  19. DSWalker

Need advice on this walnut and cherry

Here you go. Farm style. Made to look aged. Worked well with my skill level lol. The legs are just straight 3x5 beams with tapered edges.
  20. DSWalker

SOLD: Jet AFS-1000 Air Filter $225

Did this sell?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS