Search results

1. sawman101

A VETERANS DAY SALUTE TO ALL VETERANS

I want to raise my hand in a salute to all veterans everywhere today. No matter where thay served, whether in the U.S., overseas, in the combat zone, or in supporting roles, everyone of them took the same oath, to defend the Constitution of the United States Of America, even at the cost of their...
  2. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS MEETING

The new SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS met Saturday, October 5 at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. There was a noticeable echo in the room due to a poor turnout. I unveiled our new banner, and accompanying business cards. We will have a booth at the Extravaganza, and the promise of...
  3. sawman101

THE SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS MEETYING

The new Scroll Saw Club Of The Foothills (the name wasn't my idea, I take no credit for it) will meet at 10: a.m. Saturday morning, October 5 at Klingspors Woodworking Shop, 856 21st Street Dr SE, Hickory, NC 28602. This group is for anyone, any age, that is interested in learning about...
  4. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS

Saturday October 5, six folks met at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. Our goal was to form a new club promoting, educating, and using scroll saws in woodworking. We enjoyed a very lively and friendly conversation about what we hoped for the club to become and do in the future. Things we...
  5. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB MEETING TOMORROW

Saturday, September 7 at 10:00 a.m., a meeting will be held at Klingspors Woodworking Shop, 856 21st Street Drive SE, Hickory NC. This is a meeting to discuss beginning a scroll saw club for the Western Carolinas. Fill up your coffee cups and let's enjoy some time talking about scrolling etc...
  6. sawman101

PHENOLIC MATERIAL--LARGE SHEETS AND CUTOFFS

Earlier today, I moved most of my inventory of Phenolic Materials to Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. Coleman very graciously agreed to take it all on consignment, so in a few short weeks, you should be able to buy sheets or cut-offs. There are also several sheets of 3/4"x 24"x36"+ that...
  7. sawman101

"NEW" WESTERN CAROLINA SCROLLERS

The first meeting of those interested in scroll sawing, will be held at the Klingspors Woodworking Shops Hickory Store on September 7 beginning at 10:00 a.m. We will discuss organization, goals, and other topics of interest to the group. In the future we hope to have demonstrations and...
  8. sawman101

ANOTHER NEW SCROLL SAW CLUB!

The first organizational meeting of Western Carolina Scrollers will be held at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory on Saturday morning September 7, at 09:30. We will tenably meet the first Saturday of the month. Everyone is welcome to attend, so please bring your ideas to share. My email is...
  9. sawman101

I Won!

Best Of Show and first place in Scrolled Clock, and first place inOpen class, Northeastern Ohio Scroller Expo in N. Canton Ohio. Won a bunch of patterns, Pegas scroll saw blades, and gift certificates. Going visiting in PA next, and head home by Thursday.
  10. sawman101

VERY LAST CHANCE FOR PHENOLIC DEALS

This is the very last chance to grab phenolic material at pennies on the dollar pricing. I still have 1/2" solid phenolic in 4'x5', 5'x5', and 3'x5' sheets available. I also have 3/4" in 4'x5' sheets. Lots of smaller pieces of 1/2" around 12"x12". At last count, I have about 49 saw inserts for...
  11. sawman101

6" LONGBED JOINTER

Not mine but looks to be a great buy. https://hickory.craigslist.org/tls/d/conover-6-joiner-plainer/6866942039.html
  12. sawman101

What Became Of...

On the old site, we had a category for plans that could be downloaded, that members had posted there. Has this been lost, or can it be made a part of the new site? It may not have been used much, but it was still of value.
  13. sawman101

ABOUT SAW INSERTS AND SHIPPING

First I want to apologize to those who are waiting for saw inserts/plates. I have a large quantity still on hand, and I'm going through my notes again and find there are some I promised to mail. I will get that done by Saturday, I hope. Some of the old Lee Craft parts numbers have apparently...
  14. sawman101

ANYONE IN ASHEVILLE/HENDERSONVILLE INTERESTED IN PHENOLIC MATERIAL?

I can make a trip to the Asheville Klingspors Store next Saturday afternoon if there's enough interest. Enough interest would be 3 sheets of phenolic! 1/2" sheets in 5'x5' and 3/4" in 4'x5' and 5'x5'. May be a scratch here or there, but mostly without any blemish. Price is $5 per square foot for...
  15. sawman101

2nd CHANCE PHENOLIC RUN!

2nd phenolic material distribution run Saturday, April 6. Depending on where you can meet with me to pick up phenolic materials will determine the route I will take to deliver to you. Consider this my and your last chance sale. After this run I must move all the phenolic materials I have left...
  16. sawman101

ANOTHER CHANCE TO ORDER PHENOLIC SHEETS!

I ended up with several sheets left over because some who wanted them couldn't make the pickup points. Therefore I am once again offering full sheets of 1/2" and 3/4" materials as I have a good surplus still in storage. I am also planning to cut some 3/4" into 24"x36" router table tops. Single...
  17. sawman101

Back Home From Phenolic Run

Thank you to all of you who showed up to pick up inserts and material. I really enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time, and then there was good old FredP, Phil S's ambassador for today. Thank you Phil for all you did even though your home with a sprained back. I did that once myself and...
  18. sawman101

Loading Phenolic Tomorrow

I will be loading phenolic sheet and cut-offs tomorrow, along with saw inserts. I haven't responded to some of you, because when the material was warehoused some pallets are stacked on top of each other, and I think some boxes of inserts are on the bottom. Therefore I don't know what I have...
  19. sawman101

Changing Name On Profile

I really miss the name being under the avatar because I felt knowing one's first name made us more familiar to one another. I was able to change my avatar picture, but I want to put my name over it, in place of my user name, and that I haven't been able to figure out. If it can be done, I wish...
  20. sawman101

SHEET PRICES FOR PHENOLIC MATERIAL

Here are the sheet prices on phenolic material. 1/2" x 5' x 5'...………….$125 3/4" x 5' x 5'...……………150 Sheets and cut-offs are priced accordingly. I will not be loading extra full sheets on the trailer for the run to Durham on Saturday. There will be 3-4 smaller sheets on board, as well as...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS