Search results

1. K

Drum Sander similar to planer question.

I started doing some research on open-end drum sanders and wondering if drum sanders are similar to a planer. Meaning a planer reduces thickness but does not flatten. Are drum sanders similar to planers or do they actual flatten surfaces while reducing thickness. Kurt
  2. K

55 gallon Drum Dolly -

If anyone is using 55-gallon drum(s) for dust collection and want to move the drums around, I have a new in the box 55-gallon dolly that can support 1000lbs. asking $30.00 Kurt $30
  3. K

Hinge Selection advise

WIll hold up to 55 keys. Current key count 28 and growing. Keys will not be stored on doors. The outside dimension of the cabinet is 21" width, 24" height, 3" depth. When the doors are placed on top there is about a 3/32 gap between them.
  4. K

Hinge Selection advise

I have a cabinet that is using 1/2 plywood for the cabinet and the doors are 3/8 plywood. The doors are not inset. The cabinet portion is 3 inches deep. will be used for key storage and a lot of keys. The dimensions of the doors are 24" H x 10" W . Two doors. Suggestion on the type od...
  5. K

Deviation of cut on table saw

Added a feather board and used a jointer to true up the edge the best I could. This did help to reduce the deviation. My jointer technique still needs some work as there was some flex in the board when I placed on the wing of the table saw. Maybe I did not run it through the jointer enough...
  6. K

The fence is a SS Pro T-glide and if I push hard enough I can move the back of the fence a bit maybe one or two marks on the dial gauge. The front won't budge once locked in. The board is not jointed.
  7. K

Yes, I noticed it before and measured my blade which was about 3 marks out at the back from the same tooth I used to measure when I tried to adjust the blade again. I have not re-adjusted my fence after this last attempt to get the blade to zero. My fence veers away at the back by 6 marks. I...
  8. K

That is exactly what I did. Set my dial gauge to 0 on the tooth. Rotate blade back and measure the same tooth. The smallest value was between the 0 and 1 marks on the dial gauge. Just for its and giggles I did the same measurement but using different teeth. Out of the four or five...
  9. K

With my current ability and depending on which tooth of the blade I measure from, the back of the blade is in between the 0 and 1 marks on my dial gauge. The furthest I measured was between the 1 and 2 marks on the dial gauge using the same blade. The back of the blade is moving away from the...
  10. K

I would say no more than that might be less. Kurt
  11. K

Refer to the 60 marks on the ruler. The two pictures attached depict a small deviation over 24 inches from a rip cut The picture with the word TOP was fed into the TS blade first and the second picture is of the end of the board. The ruler is being placed about 1/2 inch in from the ends of...
  12. K

Safely working on high walls - Suggestion needed.

Need some ideas on how to safely work on high walls. I am looking to add shiplap to this wall. The ceiling is 20feet high and the top of the center box if 9 feet down from the ceiling. I plan to start at the top and work my way down. Any suggestion on scaffolding or aids that can help me...
  13. K

Belt Sander recommendations

Yes, I found using a belt sander does indeed remove a lot of wood, especially if using a coarse grit. I also noticed using the same grit in an orbit sander does not remove as much wood as a belt sander. I had a PC orbit sander for 15 plus years that finally burnt out. Purchase a Dewalt...
  14. K

Charlotte woodworking Show. What to expect

Does it get very crowded? Kurt
  15. K

Charlotte woodworking Show. What to expect

I have never been to the Charlotte woodworking show and would like some information on what to expect. Thanks Kurt
  16. K

Millennium Products - WorkHorse Combo Squares

I've been doing some research on combo squares and came across this manufacturer called Millennium Products. Has anyone used/purchased any product products from Millennium https://www.millennprod.com/. Am looking at their Workhorse 12" comb square set. Kurt
  17. K

Suggestion for this type of bench top

The top came from a cubical. It is 6' long 2' wide at the narrowest part and 4' wide at the widest. It is approximately 1"3/8 think and looks like pressboard. The other side is white. I was thinking of making a bench 6' x 2' and using the remainder for a rolling cabinet. Any idea what any...
  18. K

Moving a table saw suggestions

All great Ideas as I was curious as to how people figured out ways to move awkward and heavy tools when dropped in front of there home. I do have PU and so does my son which his tailgate is lower than my about 6 inches. When I ordered my diamondback I did pick it up at Estes. Went in with...
  19. K

Moving a table saw suggestions

I am in the processes of review and researching table saws and am curious as to how one would move a table saw that was delivered and then dropped at the front of your driveway. I have about a 35-40 foot driveway that has an incline. I would assume the driver would drop it on the street then...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS