Search results

1. JohnnyR

Latest Lighthouse

Nice work Gene! How did you do the base?
  2. JohnnyR

Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

Enjoyed hosting and boasting & getting to know more of you and visiting the other shops. Thanks Phil for organizing & lunch. Too bad Doug had to leave my shop so quickly:eek:
  3. JohnnyR

Charcuterie/Cheese Boards

Just use a longer center board(s) in your glue up.
  4. JohnnyR

Sorry to miss you Bill
  5. JohnnyR

So you're asking for a commutation of your sentence?
  6. JohnnyR

Don't Laugh

I would just glue and clamp it till it sets. Then drive screws as the glue should hold well enough even though it's end grain.
  7. JohnnyR

Tea table

Beautiful! and why aren't you hosting the shop crawl?
  8. JohnnyR

Spray booth Spray area

Previously made a collapsible one using poly but the overspray on it would later flake off. Bought one of those tent like booths which work great with a turntable. Has a vent in back that you can hook up to a fan.
  9. JohnnyR

My latest Scrollsaw Project

Very nice, walking off into the sunset.
  10. JohnnyR

250th Segmented Turning

Happy Sestercentennial Charlie! Do those "Square" things portend you migrating to the dark side?
  11. JohnnyR

Bloxygen results

I use it and my only complaint is because of the 'weight', you can't tell if the can's full when you buy it or if you're about to run out of it.
  12. JohnnyR

Great Doug, I'll give them the chance to compare it with a totally (almost) inefficient system:)
  13. JohnnyR

A Recent Table Project

Different mechanics but same result as my Swedish solid teak table. Add some felt to the cross members. Beautiful rendering Dave.
  14. JohnnyR

Fair winds and following seas

Good luck in the great state of Oregon!
  15. JohnnyR

Drum Sander similar to planer question.

While you can 'plane's wood on a sander, it's a long, tedious process. A planer can take up to an 1/8" in one pass although usually take less than a 16th. The feed speed on a sander is 4-8 times slower and no more than 1/32 per pass. Plus if you do a lot of rough lumber, the sandpaper gets...
  16. JohnnyR

Table done with modifications

I like the joinery, looks like it would be pretty solid without a drop of glue. The top is gorgeous.
  17. JohnnyR

Spatula handle7

Gloves sound best, could also additionally wrap with handle-bar tape. I think the silicone will be slippery.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS