CMAssetsCM_300x250._CB449545563_.png

2. 728X90WINSTON_REOPEN.jpg

728X90WINSTON_REOPEN.jpg

3. FlyingRon

New Scam Member

And the hole he used is plugged.
  4. FlyingRon

Am I too new to PM?

Yeah, we took away PM privileges from "new users" after the last spam attach, but we were probably too agresssive there. We're having a board meeting next weekend and we'll probably revise the privilege status.
  5. FlyingRon

Forum Access

It actually is documented in the administrator's guide in the dropbox. All I had to do is refresh my memory from that document. Hopefully in a week or so, it will be done in a cron job so nobody had to manually update it anymore.
  6. FlyingRon

Forum Access

The certificates are updated. I think I've got the bugs out of the autoupdate (which by the way has nothing to do with godaddy).
  7. 728X90 4locations.jpg

728X90 4locations.jpg

8. FlyingRon

Still a "New Member" After 5 years and 11 posts?

We are sorry, but a spammer managed to bypass the protections we had in place. We've banned the user (and his IP address and a few other accounts he created) and added some additional protections to stop such form happening again.
  9. FlyingRon

SPAM BOT HIT US

I suspect the problem is people see it in the message that they have a new conversation in their inbox before they realize it came from NCWW. I don't know where the threshold is, but once AWS shuts down our email (this happened due to the large number of bounces when we sent out the "forums...
  10. FlyingRon

SPAM BOT HIT US

Yes, another one slipped through. PLEASE PEOPLE, just ignore these PMs (and the related forum notification). DO NOT REPORT EMAILS FROM NCWOODWORKER as spam to your ISP or others. When you do this you jeopardize us by having AMAZON shut us down.
  11. FlyingRon

SPAM BOT HIT US

It's quite possible. This one seemed rather targetted at woodworking sites. In the past the things I've fended off have been more "generic" spam.
  12. FlyingRon

SPAM BOT HIT US

Some of you may have noticed postings and even Private Messages from a user named ncwoodworkerr. This was a spammer who managed to get around our basic tests. I'll be remedying that. All of his posts have been removed. Understand that despite his choice of user name, he had nothing to...
  13. FlyingRon

Still a "New Member" After 5 years and 11 posts?

You're at the USER category now. What happened was we replaced the "visit frequency" thing from the old forum with a mere requirement that you have to have been on the board in the past 30 days. If you don't come on for a month, you'll be dropped down. No need to worry though, you get...
  14. 728X90-EX-19.jpg

728X90-EX-19.jpg

15. FlyingRon

Seeking HVLP gun advice

I got an ingersol-rand HVLP gun for my compressor and use it for spraying varnishes. Works reasonably well. A little penetrol or flotrol (depending on what you're spraying) goes a long way.
  16. gps-new.gif

gps-new.gif

17. FlyingRon

Should I get the contractor or professional sawstop

Amusingly two of my neighbors came by and put mine together. Sometimes you can't fight people trying to be helpful.
  18. FlyingRon

Should I get the contractor or professional sawstop

I have a very small shop (10x19). The SS and the outfeed and extended table are a major part of it. There is a small Ridgid sander sitting on the extended table most of the time (it gets thrown under the table when I actually need the things). However, since I got a track saw (a...
  19. FlyingRon

Adding an outlet in a concrete floor.

This is a great idea if you have the ceiling height to do it. Concrete is tough on the feet. My last shop had ceilings so low, I couldn't even consider it. My current shop has 17' ceilings
  20. FlyingRon

What do you do with offcuts?

I've throw them in boxes in hopes that they'll get used for something. Periodically my wife burns them when she's short of other stuff.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS