Search results

1. beloitdavisja

Woodcraft Bora Parallel Clamps - $35

Amazon does the same thing. I see it all the time. An item will be $30. A 2 pack will be inexplicably $180. [emoji1787]
  2. beloitdavisja

Woodcraft Bora Parallel Clamps - $35

Just got an email from Woodcraft saying Bora Parallel clamps (24" & 31") are 30% off...
  3. beloitdavisja

Lettering Templates

Got connected. See you soon.
  4. beloitdavisja

New lathe finished

Can't say enough about how much I love my sharpening setup - Rikon 8" slow speed with 2 CBN wheels (180 & 600 grit) from Woodturners Wonders, and a wolverine jig. Woodturners Wonders sells a nice bundle that includes the grinder and 2 wheels for a good price. I started off with the grizzly wet...
  5. beloitdavisja

Lowes and Jorgensen Clamps

I just picked up some at the S Charlotte Lowe’s. Have 9 in stock in a clearance section.
  6. beloitdavisja

Does Anyone Use This Plywood?

If you're anything like me, you'll wonder why you didn't make one ages ago. One reason I chose the design I went with is that both tools plugin to a surge protector inside the rotating shelf, so there's only one plug to worry about and I don't have to unplug and wrap the cord when I flip it over.
  7. beloitdavisja

Anyone going to Charlotte anytime soon that would be willing to take a small package.

Richard - I sent Pop Golden a PM earlier this week, but haven't heard anything.
  8. beloitdavisja

Does Anyone Use This Plywood?

I just used a sheet to build a flip cart for my shop last month. See this post. I'd definitely use it again. Cost about 30% less than the HD hardwood ply, the stack at the store was flat and not warped, and I don't remember noticing a lot of voids.
  9. beloitdavisja

Home made Table Saw from 50's/ pressure washer.

Thank you, Dan, for your generosity and showing me around your shop. It was a great end to the day!
  10. beloitdavisja

Triad SHOP CRAWL - August 17th 2019

Thanks so much Jeremy for organizing and keeping us on schedule. I think you can a second party with all that leftover pizza! I had a great time meeting everyone, and I got a bonus shop afterwards picking up a classifieds item from another member in Winston Salem on the way home.
  11. beloitdavisja

Salt/Pepper mill wood options?

Walnut and maple are a classic complimentary combination that would look great together. If you want more character/figure, you could take a look at these (though they can be pricier than maple & walnut): Lighter woods: Flaming Box Elder - pretty dramatic Spalted Tamarind - lots of character...
  12. beloitdavisja

Home made Table Saw from 50's/ pressure washer.

PM sent re: pressure washer.
  13. beloitdavisja

Anyone going to Charlotte anytime soon that would be willing to take a small package.

Awesome. I'll plan on carrying it back to Charlotte with me unless someone can get it there sooner. I think Pop Golden lives near where I work, so it should be easy for him to pick up.
  14. beloitdavisja

Carding Drum finished!

I got the 72/90 TPI drum carder kit it from Howard Brush on Etsy. $90 for a 1ft length of 72 TPI, and a 2ft 90 TPI, 9.5" wide. Other places I looked at sell it for $30+ per linear foot, or $7 per linear inch. Howard sells a couple different combinations for the licker & swift drums. It was by...
  15. beloitdavisja

Carding Drum finished!

I finished up the Drum Carder for my wife! She's excited to start using it. I cut the discs for the drums on my table saw, and turned the pulleys on my lathe. I did mount the drums on the lathe after gluing up for a light sanding. I ended up making 14 discs each of 2" and 7" diameters. Frame...
  16. Carded wool

Carded wool

This is what the wool looks like after carding
  17. Drum Carder

Drum Carder

Made a drum carder for processing wool for my wife.
  18. Cutting discs with table saw jig

Cutting discs with table saw jig

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS