Search results

1. S

FS: Ridgid Edge/Belt Spindle Sander - $150 *Pending*

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Oscillating-Edge-Belt-Spindle-Sander-EB4424/202459151 Have only used this sander a few times in the 3 years I have owned it, currently getting ready to move to need to cut down on tools a little. I will try to post pictures of it tonight Location: Knightdale...
  2. S

Powermatic Jointer - $250 (Raleigh) GONE

Same, long gone someone got a heck of a deal
  3. S

Torch wood "staining"

Propane Torch like Mdbuntyn posted don't mess with the little Benzomatic torches unless the project is small. I've had to do Shou sugi ban on a few projects along with the current one I am building. Be careful not to over torch since it will warp your piece of course, if you do get a little warp...
  4. S

Crazy!

Glad to hear you got something to work but check out zoro.com for fasteners sometime. Grainger owns Zoro but they're cheaper than grainger.
  5. S

Crazy!

What length are you looking at and type (stainless, aluminum, steel)? I checked my usually place and aluminum ones are cheap
  6. S

Free Drum Sander (Sold)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/518859059450157/ Not mine yadda yadda, could be gone by now but if not, This could be amazing deal. Located in Durham
  7. S

Kitchen table commission

Lol well budgets are always negotiable, I have already forwarded the information over to another member who can hopefully help them but I do agree they will have to budge somewhere on design/price given the size of the table and current pricing of materials.
  8. S

Now what?

Sounds like another insurance company trying to weasel their way out of paying.
  9. S

Kitchen table commission

Yup, like I said just passing it forward. Just trying to be a good neighbor
  10. S

Kitchen table commission

I got approached by a neighbor asking to make them a Ping pong dinning room table, currently I am swamped with other commissions but just thought I would forward this along in case someone else has time. Table would be 8'9" x 5' wide made from ash preferably stained to a slate grey with steel...
  11. S

Festools - $1,450 (Newport) GONE

It's not his, he's just sharing a deal he found. My best guess is everything is Festool
  12. S

Steel mill in Greenville NC?

Hey everyone! I am getting ready to move soon and have a few upcoming projects I need to source some 2x3 steel tubing for. I was wondering if there was a mill around greenville? Prefer to buy locally
  13. S

Mini Gyro Air

Clear tubing is definitely fun to watch but considering size needed for a 4"/6" inlet it would significantly increase the cost of this build, toying around with the idea of sonotubes since you can purchase 8"/12" x 48" ones for $10 @ HD/Lowes. For viewing pleasure I could 3D print a frame for...
  14. S

Mini Gyro Air

Watched that video.. I am not sure if that man should operate power tools but he is entertaining. One mistakes I can see in his design the front dividing cone looks placed too far forward from the middle divider at the 33:11 mark watch the large chunk bounce into the fin section of the...
  15. S

Mini Gyro Air

You are correct the chutes are the legs on this model. I actually have plans to upscale this to handle up to a 6" inlet using a Sonotube as the body and making a view port on top just like the Harvey system.
  16. S

Mini Gyro Air

The legs are the dust chutes, heavy particles hit the front diving cone and fall into the the front chute, then t the middle spins the air into a cyclonic rotation and pushes the finer dust to the outer parts of the tube and it will drop down into the rear leg/chute.
  17. S

Mini Gyro Air

I have the fusion 360 model and can share the link ( Fusion ) if this will work. I am no expert in design but would be very interested in the opinions of others, as long as they can overlook my horrible drafting skills Lol
  18. S

Mini Gyro Air

No bearings are needed. Everything is stationary just like a normal cyclonic separator and as for smoothing the plastic it has little to no effect on air flow. (would be less than a 1% difference). Someone could print this in ABS and use actatone vapour if they wished for that desired finish.
  19. S

Mini Gyro Air

Instead of a typical cyclone dust separator this is a copy of the dust seperator that Harvey produces, (GYRO AIR G-700 Dust Processor). It is more of an experiment to see how effective this style of dust separation is compared to the other solutions (thein baffle and cyclonic). I don't have the...
  20. S

Mini Gyro Air

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to share the Gyro air I designed and printed to fit a 2" dust port. It could be resized to fit any size of system just would need to rework some wall thickness to save material and print time. It'll be a week or so until I can probably hobble down to...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS