Search results

1. B

Thinking of getting a Laguna revo 1524

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/revo-1524-lathe-110v-laguna Are there any others I should consider? I don’t have 220 in the shop. I want to get into larger turnings. I currently have a rikon bench top which has been amazing. Just need something bigger for bowls and platters. I would love to...
  2. B

Festool mft/3 table and Festool Jigsaw

Located in N Raleigh. Cash preferred. Table/accessories $420 Jigsaw- $140 (possible trades) Rotex sander. I will double check my shop but I bet I have some more accessories that go with the table. I will update the post when I get out there later today. I bought it used a few years ago and...
  3. B

Is anyone here selling a home in Hillsborough?

Im an agent and showed a home in Hillsborough today with a nice shop and very nice tools. Just curious if it was anyone here. Beautiful home.
  4. B

Sandpaper test

I just ran out of festool 80 grit so glad I watched this. I’m giving the 3m xtract a shot. I always thought festool paper was great and worth the cost but it seems 3m blows it out of the water.
  5. B

Looking for a barn beam for a mantel

Does anyone near the triangle have something laying around they would be willing to sell? I will grab measurements today but looking for something around 5' or less and 6"+ thick and 6"+ deep would be preferred. Looking for something old and gray/brown or a combination. Preferably a hardwood and...
  6. B

How much is quarter sawn red oak worth per bf?

My buddy has a decent stack of quarter sawn red oak 4/4 or 5/4 in North Raleigh rough sawn. Stack is decent size, probably 75bf-100bf or more. What would be a fair price to ask per bf for this? We plan to get it measured out later this week or next.
  7. B

Thinking of doing wood counters, questions…

I’m purchasing a lake house that has laminate counters. Normally I just throw granite down but I wanted something more unique. 95% of my wood working is cutting boards so I’m leaning towards doing wood counters but have questions. There’s isn’t a lot of counter space. they will only be used on...
  8. B

Need help fixing cabinet door

Working on a flip house. I received a touch up kit from the cabinet company. They paint they gave me does not match, but the wax crayon thing matched well. The issue is I cant get it to sit smooth on the cabinet. We had to remove all the base cabinets to get rid of layers of flooring, and we...
  9. B

Free ikea drawers and slides 15x15

Pickup in north Raleigh. Drawers are 15 wide x 15 deep. Faces are white and holes were drilled for pulls. I also have the drawer slides that are soft close. Would be nice drawers to store some small items. These are free. I will leave them on my porch for pickup. Reply here to claim them.
  10. B

Kitchen knife blanks?

Im a realtor and make cutting boards for clients when they close on their home. These are very much appreciated. I also do gifts when someone refers me business but when I have a client that has sent me a few deals I run out of stuff to make them so I buy them something instead. I wanted to get...
  11. B

Looking for a ridgid oscillating belt and drum sander

Anyone near the triangle have one they want to sell?
  12. B

Does anyone have one 3m n95 mask I can buy from you?

Before the pandemic I had a small box of them but havent seen any in almost a year. All I need is one for a flight im going on friday, and my brother has one for me on my return flight. I hate to ask, but I know some wood workers have them. I do have a respirator but it would be awful to wear on...
  13. B

Want to add a router to my sawstop table

I have a sawstop cabinet saw with wood side tables. I dont do a lot of routing so I dont need the best out there. I just need a decent lift/router when I need to round over or chamfer something. I was considering a Triton router like this Amazon.com with a Kreg insert/switch. I do a lot of...
  14. B

Wanting to make a salt and pepper mill

Im looking to turn a couple mills. Has anyone bought a grind mechanism they liked? I hate to go through making them and they dont work well. Woodcraft has a couple and reviews seem fine. I have a pepper mill that works okay but its not great. I want a mechanism that works very well.
  15. B

What kind of wood is this?

Im sanding down a rocking chair that was given to me. What species do you think this is? Mahogany?
  16. B

Where can I get walnut logs and branches for turning? Near the Triangle

I would like some branches and smaller logs for turning. Any idea where I can purchase in the Triangle? I checked Facebook and Craigslist but nothing local. I did find an ad and he has this photo. He said he thinks it american Beech. Do you think the ones on the bottom ones are walnut? They...
  17. B

Thin ca glue to seal end grain on chairs? Or epoxy?

I finished building adirondack chairs made from cypress. I was going to epoxy the feet but thought about using a thin ca glue instead. Or maybe ca glue first and then brush on a little epoxy over the top. Thin ca seems to do well to soak into wood, it just doesn't have a long dry time. I don't...
  18. B

Need a good finish for cypress adirondack chairs that I can spray

I am building the chairs now and will be finishing them by this weekend hopefully. First time working with cypress and definitely not my favorite but they should look good. I was planning to epoxy the end grain touching the ground. Then finish it with a clear finish. I have an earlex HVLP...
  19. B

Where can I get Eastern Red Cedar near Raleigh?

Capital city lumber has some but they seem a little pricey. Anywhere in Raleigh or very close to it I can check out? I need 8" wide boards and 75'. Would like to stay in Wake County.
  20. B

Need some simple toy ideas for kids

I made a bunch of baby toys for clients but would like some ideas for toys for kids that are a little older. 2-5yo. Either cnc or with power tools. Prefer simple things that can be made with scraps. Any good plans out there? Maybe cars that roll or something else?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS