Search results

1. McRabbet

Help identify this wood in our dining room table

Cherry, without any doubt.
  2. McRabbet

Installing Blade Stiffener On Table Saw

Lots of information here, but in my experience, a slight toe out on the fence (as Willem said) reduces any chance of kickback and burning. The other key factors are the feed rate and the blade being used (crosscut/combination/rip) and their sharp. I keep a sharp Forrest Woodworker II 40 tooth...
  3. McRabbet

Keepsake/Jewelry Box

Pretty piece, Dan and beautiful wood selection.
  4. McRabbet

What is the’best’ joint for shelves on a utility cabinet

I am a proponent of adjustable shelves, so I'd make a template using a piece of pegboard (or you may have a commercial one like I do) and drill stopped holes for shelf pins at 1" intervals near the front and back to support shelves at any level you want. Easy way to insure you can have storage...
  5. McRabbet

AMAZON SMILE!

A $220 purchase on Amazon Smile yields $1.10 (it is 0.5% of the sale). The $179.37 received by NCWW for last quarter was based on $35,874 in purchases. The $2,564.07 cited by Bruce in the first post was the payment from $512,814 in purchases by NCWW over several years.
  6. McRabbet

Recent Turnings

Superb work Charlie!
  7. McRabbet

"Cabinet makers are a dying breed"

I just finished watching it and it was well worth the time -- a great examination of true craftsmanship in today's age -- a Steinway is forever, for sure.
  8. McRabbet

Happy birthday sawman101

Have a great day, Bruce -- but remember that you are not getting older, just better!
  9. McRabbet

Forstner bits

Woodpeckers has the 16-piece wave edge Fisch set for $249.99 and the Black Shark 16-piece set for $299.99 (here is a link to the Wave Edge set).
  10. McRabbet

Happy Birthday Raymond

Have a great Day!
  11. McRabbet

New old member...

T, Message me with your email address and I will send you some details about the meeting and the club.
  12. McRabbet

New old member...

T, You might want to come join us at our next monthly meeting of the Western NC Woodworkers Association (WNCWA) to be held on 12/11 starting at 9:30 AM at the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher. We meet every month on the second Saturday and have a good group of woodworkers from the area.
  13. McRabbet

Latest Turnings

The work of the Master lives on....! Beautiful work, Charlie!
  14. McRabbet

Counter top Friday

Beautiful work, Willem. Reminds me of a solid Bubinga Bar top I made for a customer back in 2007. It started out with a high gloss finish, but I buffed it out to a satin finish before I finished it for the customer. Hare are the high gloss and satin finishes.
  15. McRabbet

Spice box progress

Superb work!
  16. McRabbet

Blue ribbon at the County Fair

Beautiful work!
  17. McRabbet

NC "In the news"

Kudos to Stuart for his appearance and mentorship (starts about the 2:15 mark of the video clip).
  18. McRabbet

New Keepsake Box

Sweeeeet!
  19. McRabbet

Newbie and new member Western NC-hope pics are ok

Welcome to the forum -- nice work you've done. Let us know where in western NC you are located -- I'm in Hendersonville and we have a woodworking club (Western NC Woodworkers Association) that meets every 2nd Saturday at the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher and would be happy to have...
  20. McRabbet

New Boxes

Beautiful work as always Dan!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS