Search results

1. Charlie

Emergency Surgery...Busted joint

Yes end grain border will work. You can't mix end grain with cross grain. In segmented turning all grain runs in the same direction. If pieces all small enough you can get away with mixing. There is a reason why bread board ends are used on tables, etc.
  2. Charlie

Emergency Surgery...Busted joint

Bill, You are correct. "Wood will do what it wants to do". The board split along the long grain because of contraction as it dried. Moisture introduced into the wood from the gluing process makes the wood expand and then it contracts as it dries. The solid border across the ends does not allow...
  3. Charlie

Segmented ornament!

I designed this collection box years ago. Works great. Hooks up to a shop vac. Removable clear plastic lid. Tray with handle inside the box so segments can be picked out all at once. Works on segments up to about 1". Saves a lot of hand movements when cutting several thousand small...
  4. Charlie

Goodwill lathe nominations

You haven't seen anything until you get into segmented turning. Jam chucks, donut chucks, many faceplates, cutting/sanding/clamping jigs, disc sander, etc., etc., etc......but as you say, sooo much fun.
  5. Charlie

Segmented ornament!

Nice. Great way to use "tiny" scraps. Lol.
  6. Charlie

Sheathing Recommendations

I agree!
  7. Charlie

S.O.S.

S.O.S......... ... An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with Tempo Mach 2 appears. The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by...
  8. Charlie

Latest Turnings

I never think of it either. I never have watched it end to end. Too impatient. Lol
  9. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thank you. Let me know if you would ever like to spend some time in my shop. I will be glad to help you get started. Lol.
  10. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Aww Hank. Another iron in the fire won't hurt!
  11. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thanks Ernie. :)
  12. Charlie

Candle Holders

Very nice Joe.
  13. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thank you.
  14. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thanks again for the nice comments!
  15. Charlie

Latest Turnings

The pattern you see in on all four sides.
  16. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thanks for all the kind remarks.
  17. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Mark, It has a 1/2" opening. I guess one flower would fit in it. Lol.
  18. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thanks
  19. Charlie

Post what you're building..

Beautiful.
  20. Charlie

Latest Turnings

Thanks

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS