Search results

1. charlessenf

Wood Lathe Chuck to fit HFT Lathe - WANTED

Charles, Did you see that Mike (mikeh74) Offered you his chuck for $100? IF you are not interested, I am, but I wanted to give you "first right of refusal! Please let me know as soon as possible, I am headed up his way next week!!!! Hmerkle MIKE: At the risk of needing to kick myself...
  2. charlessenf

As a beginner, this lathe an tools was the equivalent of the Loaner Program I noticed (but did not add my name to) posted here the other day and my interest in a chuck was not driven by a project or need. Rather an interest in learning what such an upgrade might involve mechanically, financially...
  3. charlessenf

When I went searching for a chuck with a 1x9 TPI female thread - I came up with adapters - no chucks! e.g. (from Amazon) Brand new Lathe Spindle Adapter for PSI & Similar Lathes to chucks or any lathe accessories. This adapter has a 1" x 8 TPI female thread to fit your PSI lathe Headstock or...
  4. charlessenf

Wanted to Trade…Clamps

$28.48 Jorgensen 5pk Steel Bar Clamp Item #3831122Model #93701 Includes a set of 2 6-in bar clamps and 2 12-in bar clamps and 1 4-in clamp Maximum reach is 2-1/2 inches from edge of bar to center line of screw Maximum load limit is 600 pounds. So, split the difference! Last year, the 'package'...
  5. charlessenf

Wanted to Trade…Clamps

Harbor Freight Tools 6" clamps Wait for a sale!
  6. charlessenf

I count SEVEN (7) RIDGES (threads) over 15/16" (measured from top of left ridge to top of right most ridge) Mine does NOT have the VS So "So any chuck with a 1x8 tpi female thread ?" Thanks!
  7. charlessenf

WOOD LATHE TO BENEFIT AM VETS

OK, at the risk of violating something in order to show you (Berta) the mods done to my FIXED SPEED HFT LATHEI am attaching a pdf of four pics showing plywood 'case.' Arbor Threads and link belt. No sandbags at all and it is steady and much quieter than when first assembled! Prettier, too?
  8. charlessenf

CENTRAL MACHINERY 12 In. X 33-3/8 In. 3/4 HP Wood Lathe With Reversible Head $429.99 Compare to NOVA 46300 at $469.99 Save $40 Looks like Variable Speed that mine does not have. But the stand looks identical and, in my case, was an Elvis - shake, rattle and roll! I wound up creating a cabinet...
  9. charlessenf

Is that a HFT (Harbor Freight Tool) wood lathe? (I realize its sold, just curious as I have a green one from HFT and had no idea they were going for more than $200
  10. charlessenf

Well, "wanted" is a bit strong maybe as I've no need for one. Rather a thought that, if I had one, I might try wearing out the edges on one or two of the cutting things I've stored in the base I built for the thing after I added a link-belt to smooth out the operation (At first, it would try to...
  11. charlessenf

Graco Spraystation 3900

SOLD FOR $175 - not to me and GRACO RESPONDED: Hello Charles, The Spray Station units were private labeled for us by a company called Earlex. Shortly after they stopped making those units for us they were bought out by our competition but they are still in business. You can reach them at...
  12. charlessenf

Edge jointing technique

Well then, unlikely I'll be stopping by anytime soon!
  13. charlessenf

I need an idea..

Them?? Several bricks in a display? Or Several displays with one brick each? That roof detail might do for a horizontal presentation case with glass on front and sides - plaque above the brick or on the base. We really need to know where your pal thinks they will be displayed - on a flat...
  14. charlessenf

Graco Spraystation 3900

[ Ah, Henry, now there's two of us! I'd done the Internet search and found that LOWES used to carry it - though no idea what they sold it for back when. GRACO isn't offering it (as far as I could tell/discover) and I think I only found one YouTube video. Then, the "A summary of what you...
  15. charlessenf

Graco Spraystation 3900

Anyone own one of these? Anyone ever use(d) one of these? Any idea of value? Looking to spray automotive primers, base coat, clear cost. I have but 23 hours to decide on a bid...
  16. charlessenf

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

Thanks. " OB (original poster) should update the Ad or close the thread." SCOTTM Well, yeah. But, as the questions scattered in this thread attest, folks are more into WW'ing than computers. It took me a while (maybe a year ago?) to discover how I could delete my stuff - (or have someone do...
  17. charlessenf

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

Could you add instructions on how to remove one's ad once the item has been disposed of/is no longer available? I think there is a way. I think I was able to do it. But cannot recall. found myself jumping on a garage door ad for a second time after the item(s) were gone: From Sep 7, 2021!
  18. charlessenf

Free garage door & tracks 8'x8' - Cary (GONE)

I believe there is a way to DELETE your post. Maybe PM the moderator?
  19. charlessenf

Liability

3-Read your Contract 2-Read the Statutes 1- Ask the IRS Assumptions, unlike contemporaneous notations on napkins, don't hold up in court. Also, don't visit a tax accountancy blog for advice on cutting dovetail joints. And, encourage all the kids you can to take Business Law in college and...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS