Search results

1. PeteM

Anyone want to buy some cherry for $50 per bf?

Crazy $$$ From the same site a $7,099.99 mantel! https://shop.blackdogsalvage.com/mantel-mahogany-2767/
  2. PeteM

SOLD - Dremel Flex Shaft Model 225 with a bunch of bits. $20

OK - Send me your address and I'll pack them up. I'll take them to the PO and you can send me the money after we know the shipping cost. This is a busy week so it will be next week before I can get it in the mail.
  3. PeteM

Yes, but it won't be much of a deal for you as the Flex Shaft is $30 on Amazon and the bits are also pretty cheap. I'm guessing shipping would be at least $10. Maybe see if an NCW Pony Express would work. Let me know what you think.
  4. PeteM

Used very little. Works fine. Just selling as I upgraded to a Foredom clone. Here it is on Amazon...
  5. PeteM

Graco Spraystation 3900

I wouldn't use that for BC/CC. This set is a good value and works well with a small compressor. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campbell-Hausfeld-CHK005CCAV-Campbell-Haufeld-Gravity-Feed-Spray-Gun-Kit/12534872
  6. PeteM

Suggestions for cutting aluminum

FWIW - I just tried it and it came up with no problems.
  7. PeteM

Suggestions for cutting aluminum

https://northernnester.com/can-scroll-saw-cut-metal/
  8. PeteM

Monthly contest - Holiday gifts

Nice work. Same here but my wife does watercolor painting. She's painted some of my carvings and jigsaw puzzles.
  9. PeteM

Monthly contest - Holiday gifts

Cute. Are they hand-painted or . . . ?
  10. PeteM

Aluminum center-finding tool for $4.89 (All Gone)

You snooze you lose! And how is your High Voltage Lichtenberg project proceeding? Inquiring minds want to know. ;-))
  11. PeteM

Smokeless firepit table

Have you seen this? Says "The most important thing to consider when making a walled fire pit enclosure is airflow. We recommend leaving 3”-6” space between your fire pit’s walls and the enclosure to ensure you experience the fullness of our Signature 360° Airflow Design™."...
  12. PeteM

Aluminum center-finding tool for $4.89 (All Gone)

They said "only one left - order soon" So I did. Thanks for the link.
  13. PeteM

Advice on How to Bring This Finish Back

Vintage vs. Classic vs. Antique Cars . . . generally agreed-upon age standards: Vintage Car: Manufactured between 1919 and 1930. Either a “survivor” or restored in conformance to the original manufacturer specifications Antique Car: Manufactured 1975 or earlier (>45 years old). Either a...
  14. PeteM

Advice on How to Bring This Finish Back

FWIW: "According to the official definition issued by the United States Customs Service, antiques are items with at least 100 years of age"
  15. PeteM

Looking for wood for a carved walking stick

It's a good time of year to grab a saw and take a nice long walk in the woods. ;-)) One of Mr. Stennett's suggestions is a cedar fence post. Did you get his book/video?
  16. PeteM

You got me! - I read the post. Not the title. My bad. That is quite an undertaking. I've carved a few sticks but haven't worked up the nerve to do a full-blown Stennett style stick. Will you be using hand or power tools to rough it out? I'll be looking forward to following your progress. Be...
  17. PeteM

Mike Stennett makes some awesome sticks and some great vids. Check 'em out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiDdaCDetfJBhp5o72UP4xA
  18. PeteM

You have to start fat if you're going to carve a snake stick or similar, Most of the wood comes off in the carving. Something like this. Not to mention that he didn't say it was for a walking stick.
  19. PeteM

Bosch 1608M Trim Router

Runs but no base. Just what you see in the photo. FREE - Pickup in Pittsboro

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS