Search results

1. Warren

How to stop rust on lathe accessories

Johnson's is all I use on all exposed metal surfaces in the shop. A jointer is the oldest tool (~45 years old) and no rust yet.
  2. Warren

Kunz?

Yes. Thse were were Kunz (painted green) and purchased new. I read in last 4-5 years they were marketing more expensive bench planes ~$150 or more.
  3. Warren

Kunz?

Back in the 80's I bought a scraper plane, small poke shave and a couple of Stanley copies of scrapers. No issues have been found and I still use them. I forgot what catalog I used for purchasing them.
  4. Warren

Vega 2600 bowl lathe $1,800 Located near Augusta West Virginia $1,800

A new Jet lathe to replace old Nova
  5. Warren

For Sale Nova Lathe 1624-44

LATHE HAS A NEW HOME. SOLD
  6. Warren

Hi Linus, I am available most days. Pick a day & time. Just let me know. I live between Knightdale and Clayton. My phone 919-373-1555.
  7. Warren

Need room in shop. Final price $900 or \obo.
  8. Warren

How to hang a chest drill?

I have 3 hanging on my peg board. Added a hook to the chuck and then on a large p.b. hook with handle on the side away from the wall. Also do the same with smaller egg beater types.
  9. Warren

Forgot to post asking price: $1050
  10. Warren

For Sale: Nova 1624-44 with 24" extended bed and hand wheel. Distance between centers- 68"
  11. Warren

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

I have been around since the early days and listed as corporate member. Where do I locate the "Post threat button? I have posted "for sale" as well forum items in the past.
  12. Warren

It's a two door

My neighbor bought hardware at Tractor Supply. The door was very nice and he had no issues.
  13. Warren

Torch wood "staining"

I use a BernzOmatic torch with flame spreader tip attachment. So far I've only used it on white pine. It gives a nice brown with grain highlighted. Keep the torch moving and go over areas to even out the color. Be sure to remove all the ashes with a brush.
  14. Warren

Direct external vent for DC??

Scott, I use the DC for the miter saw. But, being a graduate of the jury rigged school, I use large cardboard box as my enclosure. it has a 4" vent/flex transition to main 6" system. It removes most all chips & dust. I found that setup in an old Fine Working book. I know; no photo, didn't happen.
  15. Warren

WTB: Delta 43-355 shaper….or the like

send me an email. I have an older Craftsman (cast-iron wings and 1.5 hp with reversing switch. I had the spindle checked fo runout by machinist and was ~ 0.001". no longer used.
  16. Warren

Dust port for Delta Unisaw

Go to big box store or heating supply outlet and buy a metal 6" diameter transition to a rectangular floor outlet (6"x14"). I adapted it to the right side sawdust outlet below the hinged access door . My collector uses 6'"x 10 ft. plastic pipe from Agri-Supply to all machines and chop saw.
  17. Warren

Decimal, fraction or metric

Familiar/comfortable with both systems. I'm with Bas's thoughts and use English system because of lumber/woodworking measurements. I have begun to use gage blocks for tool setup. To each his own.
  18. Warren

Miniture drill bits

Thanks! Been needing these since starting scrolling. The number drills are too easily broken. Hope these last a little longer.
  19. Warren

Remote Start Issue for DC

I also use a $15 remote for lamp control that activates the 220 circuit on my ClearView Collector. I used a Long Ranger on my Delta collector that only lasted year or so. Went to my cyclone and sold the Delta. The lamp remote and 110/220 V relay is still going strong after 14 years..
  20. Warren

I hate to give up on a saw but...

I had this issue with a DeWalt when new. The clamp screws were not installed correctly. After I corrected that, no more slipping. Not sure how how Pegas clamps compare to DeWalt, but folks use Pegas clamps to replace DeWalt's.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS