Search results

1. rcarmac

Wood shop for sale - $7,000 (Clayton NC)

Let me know what you find out. I am interested if they are willing to split.
  2. rcarmac

Porter Cable PCB420SA 5A Benchtop Sander - SOLD

What size is the disc and belt width
  3. rcarmac

Sound system..?

Mine is only 1.5hp. So doesn’t have to be too loud.
  4. rcarmac

Sound system..?

Plus 1 on the JBL Bluetooth speaker. It’s loud enough that you can hear it over the dust collection system. Then I usually us my phone with Pandora, saved music, or whatever site I am feeling. I still have a small FM/CD Stereo that I haven’t turned on for years. Not sure why I still have it
  5. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

Not pretty but let’s see how it works
  6. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

No pith. Grain is regular. I didn’t cut any of the areas that had anything wild going on. I keep it to the most regular consistent grain I could find. Between myself and the Owner, we have enough to do a ton more. Time is getting to be the critical part. They want to give 1 to a retiring judge...
  7. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

What moisture level should the wood be ok at to start turning.
  8. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

How many times have you been yelled at for using the microwave
  9. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

What would happen if I go ahead and turn and finishing now? It developing a crack?
  10. rcarmac

Turning Green Oak

I have a customer that is wanting me to turn a gavel from an oak tree that was cut down about 1-2 months ago. I have rough cut the wood down to an oversized blank that I will need. I turned the square pieces slightly just to get them into a round shape. I also sealed the ends of the now rounded...
  11. rcarmac

Lifespan of Pen Bushings

I was guessing 50 - 60 was about the right range
  12. rcarmac

Lifespan of Pen Bushings

Assuming you are a somewhat experience pen turner and you are not constantly hitting the bushings, after about how many pens should you look at replacing the bushing.
  13. rcarmac

Blue Ribbon at Stare Fair

Well, based on the previous post about a blue ribbon, it gave me the courage to post about my recent State Fair ribbon. This was a long project, but I am prions of how it turned out.
  14. rcarmac

Bandsaw Help

Wow, great information Bob
  15. rcarmac

Bandsaw Help

How do you know when the tires need to be replaced.
  16. rcarmac

RDU CL - Vintage Craftsman Belt and Disc Sander - $175 (Apex)

Good sales ad. Took some time to write up the details.
  17. rcarmac

Building new Shop - Contractors / Builders?

Chris, how long ago was that.
  18. rcarmac

Heating my shed this winter

Mine is 12x24 and not insulated. Run them maybe an hour or so 2-3 times a week at night and maybe 4-6 hours on the weekend. Never seen an uptick in the power bills. My house is about 2200sqft and runs about $150-$200 per month. But I also have solar panels that gets me negative kilowatt hours to...
  19. rcarmac

Klingspor Extravaganza this year??????

Might be things at the local stores too like they did last year.
  20. rcarmac

Klingspor Extravaganza this year??????

I think i saw somewhere they were doing the virtual thing again this year.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS