Search results

1. mpholway

Rockler Workbench Casters

Hello all, both sets have been spoken for. If anything falls through I will post an update.
  2. mpholway

Rockler Workbench Casters

I have 2 sets of Rockler bench casters for sale. They list at $65.99. I am asking $35. The load rating is 400#...
  3. mpholway

Good deed just waiting for a few volunteers

DOH "The address for this sale is 2708 Allred Road Lexington NC" Got it!
  4. mpholway

Good deed just waiting for a few volunteers

Richard, We plan on being there at 9:00 and need an address please. Matt
  5. mpholway

Sanding a tabletop (slab)

I've bought wood from Scott in the past and it had not occurred to me to ask him about sanding. I just reached out and I'll provide an update once I hear back.
  6. mpholway

Yes, Raleigh Reclamation is an option. I used them for a tabletop that was too big (48 x 108) for the equipment at Hardwood Store in the past but they were quite expensive.
  7. mpholway

Hello all, I have a 36x48 table top that I would like to run through a belt sander. In the past I would have taken it to the Hardwood Store of NC but they have changed their policy and will only provide sanding services for wood that was purchased at their store. On this particular project I...
  8. mpholway

Router bit slipping

Thank you all. I knew to make sure it wasn't bottomed out. I used some scotchbrite on the bit and cleaned the collet and no more issues.
  9. mpholway

Router bit slipping

Hello all, I have a Porter Cable router with a 1/2 " collect. I am trying to rout a 60" table top and the bit keeps slipping, irrespective of how much I tighten it. Any thoughts on what is wrong, needs to be fixed, adjusted, replaced? Thanks, Matt
  10. mpholway

Torch wood "staining"

Hello all, Do any of you out there have any experience torching wood as part of a finishing process? I am going to try it and looking for recommendations re torch recommendation. Thanks, as always, Matt
  11. mpholway

Pedestal Table Design Question

It is round and will be a standard dining room table height of 29 inches. The top will be 1 and 1/2 inches thick. I want the base to be small enough so as to be unobtrusive but big enough to be stable.
  12. mpholway

Pedestal Table Design Question

Good day to all, I am building a 58 inch pedestal table and need to know how big the base should be to ensure that it is stable. Where might I get this information? Is there some formula or might this information be published somewhere that eludes me? The base will be half-lapped 8/4...
  13. mpholway

I am down to one home improvement store

Phil, I feel your pain and am constantly frustrated with Lowes. I go to HD rather than Lowes whenever I can but down here near Pinehurst there is no other option.
  14. mpholway

Wood turning group near Raleigh

Thanks Charlie - I knew I could count on you
  15. mpholway

Wood turning group near Raleigh

Hello all, I have a friend in the RTP area who is interested in starting up with wood turning. Where might I direct him to get started? Thanks as always, Matt
  16. mpholway

Wooden pallets

Willem, I live in West End and need some pallets for a project. I'll reach out to you with a message. Matt
  17. mpholway

Local wide-belt sander in RTP area

My experience: Raleigh Reclaimed has the equipment to do something as wide as 52 inches but the are rather expensive. It was $100 plus for me to run a 48" table. If you go to RR I recommend you call first to schedule as they can be, especially on Saturdays. They also have a HUGE selection of...
  18. mpholway

Assorted Router Bits for sale (they are all sold)

They have all been sold....
  19. mpholway

Rookie mistakes

I had built a brand new work bench and then had a friend over to help make some cornhole boards. I am certain you can see where this is going..... I now have a perfect 6 inch circle cut into the top of my pristine work bench from where he drilled right through. The positive side is that I no...
  20. mpholway

Assorted Router Bits for sale (they are all sold)

They are all brand new. They still have the wax on them.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS