Search results

1. D

Not exactly a work of art,

For the record, I do not have a $20K slider. But wow that thing does look sweet, like in a video where he folds the wagon to cut a miter. Meanwhile, back to the jig.
  2. D

Google search, YouTube search or:
  3. D

Clamp a piece to be cut between the Fritz and Frans components on the slider. Kinda of a replacement for the left side of a table saw.
  4. D

but it seems functional. It's my new Fritz and Frans jig. I'll test it when I find the leopard wood. It is time to make another lighthouse. This lighthouse will go the University of Central Florida' Engineering Management Honor Society. I do have a piece of Rosewood that I don't remember...
  5. D

Right place to buy hardwood flooring

My experience is that the cheaper pre-finished maple and Brazilian Koa flooring from the yellow store had more than small variations in height. My current pre-finished Ash plywood flooring, with chamfered corners, is very flat, very consistent heights. It also costs much more than the yellow...
  6. D

Another flooring question

And splines are easy to make!! Especially when you see what LL wants for them. I may have some left over.
  7. D

I use(d) the Bosch tongue/groove router bit.
  8. D

What if you 'boxed' the hall and then 'boxed' the bedroom. I mean, run 2-5 widths around each perimeter and then did a unidirectional fill inside the created fields?
  9. D

Looks like a chance to go in two directions. I don't think I would worry too much about the joist direction. This is a low traffic area. If the floor squeaks, treat it with talc from the pool hall supply.
  10. D

Right way? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If the room layout is confusing, have some fun and do a herringbone pattern, LOL! [They asked me if I wanted to put in a pattern when I ordered my flooring.] I run flooring with the long run of the room. For the current house, we used random...
  11. D

A lot of places to buy hardwood flooring. A lot of differences in quality. My observation is you can't really see the effect of quality until you put some down. I've installed Bella (solid) and Uptown (wood plywood with a sandable wear layer). Big difference in price and quality, IMHO.
  12. D

Picnic Highlights

Some of this year's awards. Congrats to Berta, Richard, Hank, and Mike.
  13. D

"...make DIY hardwood flooring..." doest that mean you want to cut the tongue and grooves yourself? Are you wanting advice on where to buy cutters, boards, tooling/jigs, wood, plywood, or what?
  14. D

Picnic and Sides

Stephen, see post #32 in this thread for an estimate of event times
  15. D

Anyone Else Camping at Jordan?

AirBnB down on the south side of the lake.
  16. D

Good customer service

Yes, AL extrusions https://8020.net Making a Fritz and Frans jig for a slider ala Extreme Woodworker. Pictures coming soon, I hope.
  17. D

Picnic and Sides

Just one more shout out of thanks to everyone volunteering to bring something, and everyone who is able to attend, and everyone who supports the forum.
  18. D

Picnic and Sides

Hate that for you and us. I think you are supposed to take a spoonful of something to make the medicine go down. I don't remember what. Maybe that was for forgetfulness.
  19. D

Good customer service

Props to 80/20 also. I ordered a 2525 and a 2550. I received a 2550 and a 2020. I notified 80/20 and they overnighted the correct item to me, no questions (they did ask for a picture), no charge. A week later they contacted me to make sure I had received what I needed.
  20. D

Not going to the picnic??

Thank you Neal for the reminder. Ticket sales available tomorrow only at the picnic.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS