Search results

1. C

Delta Unisaw

Yea, saw dust in the display can be irritating. I turn my air pressure down to about 20 psi and blow it out with the air nozzle. I have done this about every 2 or 3 years. It usually can be done easily by getting the air jet under one edge of the display window. Use your other hand to hold in...
  2. C

Delta Unisaw

The promised photos of my Wixey DRO attached to my Unifence. Along with my written description above, you shouldn't have any trouble understanding the way that I went about this, but ask questions if you don't understand anything. The last photo shows Scotch tape over one of the joints in the...
  3. C

Delta Unisaw

That's a really nice restoration. Keep the old fence, since there are times when a low fence is very beneficial. Clean up the original fence, fill the gouges with Bondo or whatever it takes to make it straight and with smooth surfaces again. There are times when you will thank me for this. I...
  4. C

Delta Unisaw

Price Bucher's Wax or the other competitive brands. Johnsons is downright cheap by comparison, and much more readily available. If a can will last me 5+ years, it's an absolute bargain. Charley
  5. C

Delta Unisaw

It's readily available at Lowes in the cleaning supplies aisle here. I've seen it in the grocery stores too. My new can came from Lowes about 2 years ago. One can lasts me about 5 years, but I'm a heavy user. I re-wax my cast iron and scroll saw tables often. The wood slides across a freshly...
  6. C

Delta Unisaw

You mentioned using a lubricant containing silicone for the trunnions. Don't do it!! I have banned anything containing silicone from my woodshop because once it gets on your wood somehow, it is invisible until you apply finish to your project. Then you discover fish eyes in your finish wherever...
  7. C

ISO shop stools

The best source for wooden stools of the height needed for workbench use is Walmart. The ones that I have were about $25 each. You can't make them for that. Mine are 2 years old and holding up fine. https://www.walmart.com/browse/home/wood-bar-stools/4044_103150_4037_8102642_8698989 Charley
  8. C

What Have I Got....

Several "Ticking Sticks". Charley
  9. C

Huge shop table/sold

So it's the workbench that's for sale and not that beautiful piece of wood on it. Who gets the piece of wood? Charley
  10. C

Padauk splines / sawdust

A belt sander is best for fine control of spline thickness, but I have used a tenon jig on my Unisaw to cut them. It is set so that the waste formed when cutting a tenon is the thickness desired and the resulting tenon becomes the waste. A donor board that's standing vertically in the jig will...
  11. C

Jet oscillating spindle sander SOLD

I wanted one of them a few years ago, but settled for a Triton belt/spindle sander instead. It has been doing everything that I need or I would be after this, as it was my first choice. It's a great spindle sander. They have one where I sometimes volunteer and are quite happy with it. Charley
  12. C

10" Delta Unisaw - $800 (Charlotte) GONE

Incredibly good price for the condition and what is there with it. A Biesmeier Fence, motor cover, dust port, wide table, etc. A fairly new version too. Probably would only need a plug change to be able to put it to work. I don't care for twist locks plugs, unless they are plugged overhead. Then...
  13. C

Delta Unisaw

I use Johnson's Paste Wax for the gears and trunnion ways, applied with an old toothbrush. It quickly develops a hard crust that does not attract saw dust, but remains soft and lubricates well. It stays in place too. I use a teflon base lubricant for the shaft pivot points. Yes, move the...
  14. C

Making Boxes

A dado in each side for the shelves to fit into would add significant strength to this cabinet. Also, since the French Cleat is going to be holding a lot of weight, some careful gluing and more than enough screws into the rear of the cabinet and into the wall studs should be employed. In leu of...
  15. C

Delta Unisaw

Don't worry about the hum. It's from the transformer in the top right of the box. It's normal for this thing to hum. That's an incredible deal for what you paid, even for main land pricing. Clean it up and put new bearings in both the motor and saw arbor. Clean the centrifugal start switch...
  16. C

Up against the wall

My right tilt 52" Unisaw and Unifence has the end of it's side table butted up against the approximate center of the long wall of my 14 X 26 shop putting the saw itself roughly in the center of the shop. I don't break down full sheets inside the shop, but I couldn't bear to cut the fence rail...
  17. C

Delta Unisaw

You had better be standing there and handing him your $300 NOW or someone else will steal this deal before you get there. My Unisaw is a 1986 with Unifence and I paid almost double that for it. I'm not complaining. I have spent most of my woodworking career looking for better table saws. I even...
  18. C

Baltic birch plywood sources near Charlotte?

The Wurth Group on Golf Acres Drive near the Charlotte Airport has just about every kind of plywood that you might need and their prices are quite good when compared to other sources in this area. This is where I buy all of the plywood that I need I haven't bough in about 2 years, so my prices...
  19. C

1/4" MDF

I usually don't need full sheets, so the 2' X 4' is what I'm usually looking for. I find them at Home Depot in the Handi Panel section. Your Home Depot likely has these too. I have never tried to find the 4' X 8' sheets, but if they have the smaller size, asking might get you some full size...
  20. C

Misc Unisaw Stuff

Applying DC to an induction motor will produce a non rotating motor field and bring the motor to a stop very quickly,, so quickly at full voltage that on a table saw it will frequently loosen the blade nut. The duration of the DC applied needs to be limited in voltage and duration, or you can...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS