Search results

1. Hmerkle

Thank you, but there's more....

Thanks to you too Phil for all the work you have put in over the years making and sourcing parts for the GM awards!
  2. Hmerkle

Another flooring question

Yes, you would probably have to purchase specialty parts or cut a tongue or groove to match directional change! Thank you, good caution to add to the mix...
  3. Hmerkle

Thank you, GREAT idea! Another option, but really helpful - allowing the board length to run in the "correct' direction! Ona another thought, the box could even be a "feature" as in a lighter wood or "Feature-ring" (excuse my lack of flooring terminology)
  4. Hmerkle

Good thought, but my fear was that it would look... well... look like we couldn't decide! LOL
  5. Hmerkle

This is second floor, so without a remodel, (read a s-ton of work) I will not be getting into joist work...
  6. Hmerkle

Apologies for the "rough and ready - but here is a sketch of the layout, not to scale, but more for "mind's eye" viewing and your suggestions...
  7. Hmerkle

the hallway and the bedroom have no door separation - the door is at the beginning of the hallway...
  8. Hmerkle

Probably doing it myself... Will rent a defibrillator, and only then get some quotes... LOL
  9. Hmerkle

Heating my shed this winter

agreed - GOOD to hear from you Jeff!
  10. Hmerkle

Does that matter, if you have underlayment / subfloor?
  11. Hmerkle

Magazines and some other stuff

Trey, I hope you enjoy the mags and they provide some inspiration.
  12. Hmerkle

Overdue Scott - WAY overdue - I remember a few people welcoming me to NCWW and Scott and Berta are two I distinctly remember!
  13. Hmerkle

In another post @tooboos asked about where to get flooring... here: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/right-place-to-buy-hardwood-flooring.73893/ I want to ask a "Chevy / Ford" question... When laying flooring (while I am guessing there are a number of different "accepted"...
  14. Hmerkle

Online classes

Thanks - I was hoping you would chime in - I have heard of Bob, but don't "KNOW" him... so I am guessing his info would thread into or along with the guidance you give?
  15. Hmerkle

Looking for 48” T8 shop lights

Sam, I had seen them in the past, so did a quick check on Costco's website - Koda brand(?? never heard of them) 4,000 Kelvin 46 inch long LED shop lights - 2-pack for $79.99. There is another Koda brand shop light that is 4600 K and 46 inches long, but it has a remote control - but not...
  16. Hmerkle

Online classes

I am not sure where I saw this FB maybe? Bob Rozaieski offers some free classes and one of them was "Hand Saw Foundations" it is text based, but so far VERY enlightening! Nice history, well written in a style that keeps you engaged. I thought I would share...
  17. Hmerkle

First I wanted to say thank you for my Golden Mallet award. Thank you to everyone who voted and especially those who voted for me - it means A LOT that people on this site that I care about say "you deserve this." I also appreciate that I was awarded it from someone I respect and have learned a...
  18. Hmerkle

2021 Raffle Winners

Thank you Neal for all the work that went into this year's prizes, I KNOW how much work this is and you need to know it is appreciated! I hope the next person responsible for prizes (can't think of who that is) for the 2022 picnic, leans on you for some good lessons and tips and tricks...
  19. Hmerkle

Thank you Mike - good correction!!!
  20. Hmerkle

In the past people have brought things for sale, for free or price for sale - set it out on the grass or a table for people to peruse!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS