Search results

1. tvrgeek

Electrician - Bath fan

Not reliable as they pick up stray induction. Mine was a lot more than the $6 ones.
  2. tvrgeek

PSA

Within limits. In field service, there were some infamous calls: Computer screen was blank, ( power to the building was off). Famous one, "cupholder tray was broken" ( CD tray) Some are just past help. The smartest man I ever had the pleasure to work with was so smart, he knew everyone in...
  3. tvrgeek

Better gun

Sherwin Williams "Antler Velvet" 205-c4 and the lighter tone of the same color, "Natural Linen" 205-c1. Very carefully selected to mate with the glass mosaic back-splash and floor tiles. It is currently white, which we absolutely hate. I need tough. Real tough. Repairable is a plus. I...
  4. tvrgeek

Electrician - Bath fan

Power to the switch depends on if the power feeds the switch, or if power feeds the fixture and loops to the switch. Only inspection will tell. If the later, it is probably just in the fan junction box. Were there two cables coming into the fan or three? In the switch, were there two cables...
  5. tvrgeek

Electrician - Bath fan

It depends on how it was wired to start with. Bath fans and lights are not required to be on GFI as you can't touch them. Anyway, do you have separate switches for the fan and light? Sometimes three, fan light, and night light. If you have only one switch, then you are faced at having an...
  6. tvrgeek

Better gun

Yea, the concept of plain old enamel has it's attributes. Not sure I can get the finish I want for the face frames that I have to do inside. I have used hardeners in enamel, but never flow modifiers. Anyway, started the destruction of the old pantry. Never quite know what you are up against...
  7. tvrgeek

Need recommendation, please

If you can get on the list. The good ones are backed up for months. Bad ones can do it tomorrow.
  8. tvrgeek

Better gun

And some of us prove the definition of insanity :)
  9. tvrgeek

Look what I got! (Harvey Bandsaw)

Oh yea, finer tooth bands cut smoother. I think my 1/4 is 9. You can go finer. Cut out some armrests for a chair I was re-doing in 3/8 birch ply with the 3/8 band. Cut half the line and clean up on disk sander.
  10. tvrgeek

Look what I got! (Harvey Bandsaw)

I use blades from sawblades.com. A re-saw blade will not give a smooth cut. Can't tell much about the OEM blade as I messed up and while adjusting, let the blade touch a guide. A kiss is all it takes. Your picture looks fine to me. If I had a ton of re-saw to do, I would buy one of the...
  11. tvrgeek

Better gun

Another company I had not heard of.
  12. tvrgeek

Better gun

I like to give props when I get good service. Fuji responded quickly with a chart showing their guns, caps and Ford #4 times. So, it looks like their systems can handle from about centipoise of 5 to about 300. So now I have an upper target for material. When my #4 cup gets here, I can then...
  13. tvrgeek

Decision made to downsize "shop" - upcoming "clean-out sale"

I will be waiting and watching. Cycling through my "lessor" tools to get the better.
  14. tvrgeek

Better gun

The SW dealer said the Emerald was the next toughest step. Just looked up the MDS. Again, nothing on centipoise. Good to hear the Earlex is a good machine. Sounds like Fuji, Apollo, Earlex are all pretty good. One comment is a gravity feed can run one size smaller tip. I wonder if that kind of...
  15. tvrgeek

Better gun

Unfortunately, it is gloss white only. We want a slight off white and a tope. Actually SW colors 205-c1 and 205-c3 PDS says zan #3, 20 seconds. First SW paint I have seen with a spec. Cup conversion. At least 37 different cups. The great thing about standards is there are so many to choose...
  16. tvrgeek

RDU Lunch Friday June 18

Sounds like a plan
  17. tvrgeek

Better gun

Going to visit Spectrum paints in the AM. Cary is a bit if a haul, but may learn something.
  18. tvrgeek

Better gun

Like all tools, got to know how to use and abuse them. A framing hammer is a very versatile tool. Remember the old song: "Son go get the hammer, there's a fly on papa's head" :p
  19. tvrgeek

Better gun

Gee, and I keep getting accused of over thinking everything! :) I agree, but want to do some testing first. OK, 2 projects. One is the continuing furniture jobs of plain old poly and stain. I think the gun I just got will do that very well. Small 1.3 tip and of course poly can be thinned...
  20. tvrgeek

Better gun

Ordered 20 packs of Milton V series. That should fix me up even for every day as they are of known quality vs whatever I get form HF or HD. Searching for info on the paints. SW product sheet does not give recommendations for spray other than an airless. (I do have a big Graco, and they do...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS