Search results

1. B

Dust collection beyond shop vac

Rory, I can't speak to your dust collector question since it seems like you are above my needs. Although I did just get a 3hp PCS (waiting to get 220 installed) and then picked up a used Rikon 1.5hp DC with Super Dust Deputy and I will let you know how that works when it's up and running. I'm...
  2. B

I might be able to vent outside, but I could only do it through an exterior window in my shop (how would I fill in the rest of the space around the blower?) or through a garage door window, which I assume I would have to break and remove. I am looking into a used Rikon 1 1/2 hp dust collector...
  3. B

What’s the difference between a mini gorilla and a dust collector with Wynn filter and super dust deputy?
  4. B

I just got my first cabinet saw, a Sawstop PCS. It has a 4in dust port and I needed to upgrade my dust collection anyway. I’ve seen a lot of posts about a HF dust collector with a Wynn canister and possibly even a super dust deputy. If you have a set up like that, does it work pretty well? I...
  5. B

Looking to buy Grizzly G9041 table saw. Anyone have any input on this?

I lucked out and found a used sawstop PCS with ICS mobile base and floating over arm dust collection for $2k last week. I had been looking at the Harvey due to tvrgeek’s recommendation but I couldn’t pass this up. It was posted on the NC woodworkers facebook page. Just keep an eye out and see if...
  6. B

Contractor vs. Cabinet vs. Hybrid Saw

Thanks guys. TVR, I guess I could "afford" a PCS especially since I plan on a table saw like that lasting decades. But I also need a miter saw and a band saw at some point and if I got a TS for half of a PCS I could could those. I've been looking into the Harvey now that so much on here have...
  7. B

Thanks everyone. I haven't heard of Harvey before. How do they compare?
  8. B

I'm looking to upgrade from my DeWalt jobsite table saw and I'm looking at going a cheaper route (contractor saw) or more expensive like a Saw Stop cabinet saw. I'm just a weekend hobbiest so I don't feel like I need a cabinet saw, but I want something that is good quality. I know there are...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS