Search results

1. S

Powermatic 3520 lathe banjo.

will try to post some. ,Not sure about the style . is there a model number or way I can check?
  2. S

Powermatic 3520 lathe banjo.

Still in the box. bought years ago when I had plans to increase height of my Powermatic 90. Yours for 175.00 and will discuss offers. thanks, Strom
  3. S

ISO 1 hp 1725 TEFC ac motor. 110/220 reversable

Fixed it. Here's what i found. The cover on the capacitor was loose and once that was tightened noise dropped 75%. The bolt to maintain belt tension was my next target . I loosed it and put a rubber washer on which I will replace with a spring when I can find one. Noise down to 85%. Last was the...
  4. S

This motor is mounted beneath the headstock on a Powermatic 90 lathe. It requires you to stand on your head to see it much less work on it. I have replaced bearings on other motors . This is something else. Could be the Reeves drive. I will take off the belt and see if I still hear it. I think...
  5. S

The marathon motor on my powermatic is noisy. I'm hoping to find a replacement. Message me with what you have prefer comparable American brand. Thanks Strom
  6. S

Wood workbench top from HD

I bought a Husky Table from HD several years ago on sale. It has an elevation crank. One of the best things in my shop. It is strong and can use it as an outfeed for my saws and match the height of my work bench. Just saying spend the bucks and get this table instead of just the top.
  7. S

New Dining Room Table

Very very nice. Bet the top was heavy when all glued up. Beautiful wood and a great use for it. An heir loom.
  8. S

OK, I like Gizmo tools BUT .....

My favorite pencil story is how the NASA spent millions of dollars to make a pencil that would write in space in any position The Russians ??? Well they just used a pencil!!!:D
  9. S

Bridge City Angle master 1

You’re correct. There are two reference books containing angles . The you use some precise measuring tool to arrive at ?
  10. S

That’s what comes up when you google it. It’s not the one I have and I would not want one of these. I will try to post a photo. I am a tool junkie but I learned my lesson with this gadget. Never buy a tool you can’t use without the manual In your other hand. Thanks for the reply.
  11. S

I just know there is someone here who has this tool and can actually use it?! I acquired one when I was making angled stools thinking it would help. Nope. I have read and reread the one paragraph instructions to no avail. I am going to sell it if I can't figure it out. Someone please show me up...
  12. S

Reversing drum switch wanted ADDENDUM

Bob thanks. And everyone else who has tried to help. I can tell from the motor plate what needs to be changed but dog if know how through a drum switch. You can tell this is too much on my mind if I’m thinking about it on Christmas Day. Worst case I let out the magic smoke.. Switch should be...
  13. S

Got it! The wiring off the motor in attached photos.
  14. S

We’re on to something now. Only color missing is orange. Maybe that’s black with white stripe. I’m getting close to getting a shot of the motor plate. I can just make out the connections but some are very blurry. Sorry.
  15. S

Dead again . All colors.
  16. S

Got it. I can get to the mag starter and to the motor junction box. When i open the junction box there will be clearly labeled wires and a little audio tape saying put this wire here and this one here.;)o_O
  17. S

Bob thanks. I have now ordered a drum switch. The 220 diagram above should be the same for it ?
  18. S

The motor is 220 volts.
  19. S

As you might know the motor plate is on the other side of the motor. Tried to photo but no luck yet. If you are familiar with the PM 90 you know the motor is practically inaccessible. I will get under there and get the info when these old bones allow!
  20. S

Trying to put a reversing switch on my PM lathe . Anybody have one they could part with? Have pay pal . Thanks The lathe has a 1.5 hp single phase motor . It is factory equipped with a mag starter. This is a PM 90 probably eighties.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS