Search results

1. rcflyer23

Bought a new CNC router.

Nice, I haven't seen that one yet. I've been thinking about building one myself I really only need a 24"x48" work area so that I can rough cut guitar bodies. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after having it for a bit.
  2. rcflyer23

Guitar Build started almost a decade ago.

Started applying the finish to the guitar. I'm very happy with the results so far.
  3. rcflyer23

Finally had a chance to get back to the guitar. Drilled and routed out the Electronics cavity, next step is to take it down to final depth and route the lip for the cover. Planning on making it from the figured walnut in the picture below. I also 3D printed some pickup covers in a cream...
  4. rcflyer23

Oh yeah I need to get a planer and jointer again sold mine about 4 years ago, regret doing that but I’ll pick up some sooner or later. As I go along I’m trying to 3D print as many templates and jigs as I can but for higher accuracy stuff like fretboards I’ll just but those tools.
  5. rcflyer23

Nice I will eventually build a bass as well. I hope to do my own neck next go round. Just gotta get the fret board templates and miter box from stew Mac.
  6. rcflyer23

Yeah I’m hopefull that I’ll be back into woodworking with this.
  7. rcflyer23

Most likely I want to get a more vintage color on the neck.
  8. rcflyer23

I'll post some video of it once I get things totally done. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
  9. rcflyer23

Well, it's been a while since I've posted here. Life took over and I haven't been doing much woodworking up until this year. I've always wanted to build guitars and started a year or 10 ago. I psyched myself out and decided I couldn't finish it successfully. 2020 hit with all its glory and I...
  10. rcflyer23

Hello from Holly Springs, NC

There is a club over there I have flown over there but being that close to the houses makes me a bit nervous plus I have an 86” yak that I hope to finish off next year and fly at another club. Most of what I fly is to big to fly there. I’m not to far from there I’m down the street from from the...
  11. rcflyer23

Hello from Holly Springs, NC

Welcome. I’m in Holly Springs as well. Not much woodworking happening in the last several years, but hoping to get back to it soon.
  12. rcflyer23

New guitar video

nice guitar.. That is on my short list of things to build one day.
  13. rcflyer23

New Old Member

Was waiting on that... :) They've done the last two, just happened that we had a family emergency and I needed to get it changed before the wife went out of town and didn't have time to schedule it. Next time though, just don't tell my boss. hahaha
  14. rcflyer23

New Old Member

Thanks, Bill. I'm looking forward to it. It will be a nice change from the day job of coding.
  15. rcflyer23

New Old Member

The oil changes range from $69 - $99 depending on the oil that you choose. Not real bad considering I just paid Valvoline $80 for an oil change granted that was full synthetic.
  16. rcflyer23

New Old Member

It's been a pretty long time since I was active here so I figured I'd reintroduce myself. I'm Kevin, I now live in Holly Springs, NC. I used to live in Concord for almost 8 years and worked for the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I moved the family to Holly Springs in November of last year...
  17. rcflyer23

The Maker's Space - Raleigh

You just made me a happy man and may have saved me from having to buy a new piece of equipment. I live in Holly Springs so not too far of a trek for me. I may have missed it but what are the operating hours or is open 24/7 and I could come in when I have the time?
  18. rcflyer23

Need Baltic Birch for Car dashboards

no idea on any source but holy moly those are some beautiful cars.
  19. rcflyer23

Newest guitar build

Man I wish we lived closer to each other so I could come by and learn from you.
  20. rcflyer23

Who has built a CNC mill?

Could you adapt this to run 17x17x3? I'd like to eventually build one to cut guitar bodies.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS