Search results

1. jrs

SOLD: Gently used Shaper Origin - $2000 OBO

Hi folks- I've decided to part with my shaper origin. I've had it since last June and have used it about a dozen times. It works great but I've got a desktop CNC on order, and don't envision using this any longer. The Shaper Origin is a hand-held CNC router. It's pretty easy to use, and some...
  2. jrs

SOLD: Bench Dogs ProTop bench top router table - $50

I've upgraded to an in-saw router table so I no longer need this. it was $250 new about eight years ago. Note that it's not a router lift, just a router insert plate. It's in good shape, mostly used for rounding over small stuff. The thing itself is about 23-3/4" wide x 15" deep 16-1/2"...
  3. jrs

For sale: 3-HP Jet Cabinet Saw with 52" micro-adjust fence, router lift, and router cabinet -- $600 (SOLD)

I'm posting this here before other places so maybe it can find a good home :D I am selling my jet cabinet saw (I think that it was a JTAS 10-XL or something like that). The saw is about 18 years old and still in great shape. I am downsizing to a smaller saw to get more room in the garage, and...
  4. jrs

Any experiences with the Laguna p|flux ?

Looking to upgrade the DC in my garage shop to a cyclone. I've got a few new projects planned and actually some time to do them. I am leaning towards the Laguna p|flux (either the 2 or 3 hp variety) to replace my 1.5hp Jet (which works great but I don't like changing the bags -- dust is a...
  5. jrs

HVAC in garage shop?

It has been a while since I have posted... I have a shop in my garage - about half of a three-car garage, also shared with a car and lots and lots of storage. It isn't that often that I can actually do anything out there- it is way too hot in the summer, and barely bearable in the winter. The...
  6. jrs

Can't delete a classified

I sold the chainsaw that I have listed, and I don't see any way to delete it- http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1933 I see "email it" and "report it", but no way to delete. I am logged on...
  7. jrs

Chainsaw Questions

Hi All, I have a few chainsaw questions that I am hoping you can help with. I have a 14" electric that works OK for small-medium sized stuff. I several trees that my wife wants removed, and I am wondering if I should upgrade to a gas model. Are gas ones any better, or should I stick with...
  8. jrs

Convert to 220?

Hi All- I am finally getting around to add some outlets to my shop rather than relying on cord swapping. My 18" bandsaw and 1.5(?) HP Dust Collector are both pre-wired for 120v, but can be wired and run 220v. Is there any real reason/benefit to switch them? It is more work, and more cost...
  9. jrs

When do YOU apply finish?

Hi all! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I tried searching for this, but didn't find much info... When do you apply finish? Dye? Stain? Sealer? Mostly I am talking about pre-assembly vs. post-assembly. I often wish that I had stained a piece before assembly (granted, I do this wishing...
  10. jrs

Free guides & Bits w/ FMT

http://www.leighjigs.com/specials.php And, unfortunately, I just bought one-- with all of the accessories. I am going call them to see if there is something they can do for me. A very good deal tho.
  11. jrs

Hammer Time! a gloat story...

I have been looking in to getting a combo jointer/planer for quite a while. I was going back and forth between what I wanted (a Hammer a3-31), and the grizzly/jet/laguna counterparts. After quite a few calls, and a couple quotes from Felder on the Hammer, I realized it was out of my price...
  12. jrs

Any one here do insulation work?

I posted this thread: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f81/insulation-question-23930/ and I would like to find someone to give me a quote on getting the ceiling insulated in my garage. I figured that I would see if anyone here does this kind of stuff in the matthews area, before I start...
  13. jrs

Insulation question

My attached 3-ish car garage is my shop. Originally, the only walls that had insulation were the ones that are common to the house. I recently drywalled it all up, to help with lighting and looks. When I did the drywall, I went ahead and put in insulation. I neglected to take in to...
  14. jrs

Electrician for a 220 line in the garage

Good morning all (well, right now it is, might be night when this is read :rotflm:) I find myself in need of a new 25amp 220 line in the garage. It is actually going to go about 2 feet to the right of my breaker box. While I could PROBABLY do this myself, I am a bit leary. How much should...
  15. jrs

Questions about "freight" deliveries

Hi all- How do freight deliveries usually work? I ordered a machine (gloat pending once it actually arrives:icon_thum ) that I expect to be here around june 22/23. The quote included residential lift gate service. The other big machines that I have were delivered by the nice folks at the...
  16. jrs

Jet 10/20 sander (?)

Hello again! Does anyone have any experience with the jet 10/20 drum sander? Is it a worthwhile machine? I understand its capacity limitations, but is it any good, or should I steer clear? thx!
  17. jrs

European Combo Machines? Hammer, Laguna...

Hi all- Does anyone here have any experience with the 4 or 5 way combo machines? The top contenders are the Hammer c3-31, and the Laguna Platinum 10". I understand that the features on the machines aren't the same, and the price definitely isn't either. Does anyone have any firsthand...
  18. jrs

Number of posts on the "recent threads"

I REALLY like the home page, with the "recent threads". Is there any way to change the count? I would like to see more. Can it maybe look at the user's configured "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" setting? Thanks!
  19. jrs

Recommendations for a garage/workshop contractor/builder

Is there anyone in the Matthews (or expand to charlotte) area that knows of anyone that specializes in garages/outbuildings? I am trying to explore options, one of which is getting a shop built-- but I don't even know where to begin. I would probably be thinking the 2-car range, but...
  20. jrs

Pricing of used equipment?

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I recently sold a couple of machines, but ended up getting less than I had hoped. I find myself in a situation where I am contemplating replacing my current table saw, and moving to a combo machine. I figured that it would be better to consider this now...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS