Search results

1. bbrown

"Quercus"

Lots of woodworking and carving talent in NC! I'd encourage more folks to share their websites and/or their work here (I am speaking to myself as well!). --Bill
  2. bbrown

4" ID used flex dust collector hose

HI David, That was me. I should be heading your way in the weeks ahead if you can hang onto it. Thanks!
  3. bbrown

FOR SALE: Dust collection fittings

I will take these. -Bill
  4. bbrown

Wanted - Dewalt Scroll Saw

Larry, You are much closer. (I used to work in Ahsokie, which is very close to Scott!). I'm fine if you want to claim it. Thanks for the offer Scott. Still interested in the Hawk...PM sent.
  5. bbrown

Thanks. Bobby G's has already sold. What is the difference between the Type I & II? PM sent. Thanks very much for the reply. -Bill
  6. bbrown

Lumber prices

Count me in (just don't tell my wife :)
  7. bbrown

Looking for a used Dewalt DW788 or comparable scroll saw. Thanks, -Bill
  8. bbrown

1/4" plywood source

Thanks for the advice 'Smallboat'.
  9. bbrown

1/4" plywood source

Thank you Kelly. The Hardwood Store looks great.
  10. bbrown

1/4" plywood source

Thanks guys. I did not know there was a Woodcraft in Danville (could be dangerous!). Maybe I don't need the very highest quality ply for this. It's for a customer, so there cannot be any warping on this project. I never use plywood. My veneering substrate has always been MDF or glued up...
  11. bbrown

1/4" plywood source

Hello folks, I am sure this comes up frequently, so apologize ahead of time. I did a search and a thousand mentions of plywood come up. I am looking for very high quality 1/4" plywood for a veneer project. I have an order for a Jefferson lap desk in curly cherry. The wood parts are very thin...
  12. bbrown

NCWW and Social Media

Will do...... I have an active Instagram account: William Francis Brown (@williamfrancisbrown) • Instagram photos and videos
  13. bbrown

Up spiral and Down-spiral router bits

And I'll take 6 or so off your hands.
  14. bbrown

Flex hose wanted

Jclrk, PM sent.
  15. bbrown

Up spiral and Down-spiral router bits

What sizes are the cutting widths of the bits? Shanks are all 1/4 Inch correct?
  16. bbrown

Looking for input on used hand tool market in these times

Yes, I was referring to the used market. Was not aware Florip had increased their prices. Thank you for the update.
  17. bbrown

Flex hose wanted

Hello folks, Anyone have some flex hose they don't need? I am looking for about 10-20 feet of 4" and 5-10 feet of 3" for my dust collection system I'm completing. I live in Lynchburg, VA area, but work in Albemarle, NC (E. of Charlotte). Thanks, -Bill
  18. bbrown

Looking for input on used hand tool market in these times

Sounds like a good time for some competitors to start making quality planes that normal people can afford. I have seen this with saws for example . Florip comes to mind, but Veritas makes quality users that are reasonably priced. Would be great to see this happen with other hand tools...
  19. bbrown

NArex Chisels - Richter/95/Paring

Excellent info. Thanks!
  20. bbrown

Cloudy finish with water stones

Agree with what Mike said. There are many ways to achieve a sharp chisel or carving tool edge, and hence, often the confusion for novices. Add to that that so much of what is written seems to say that their method is best. In the end, it's not so much how you get there, but how does it work...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS