Search results

1. Z

Woodpeckers or Bust?

I think that I first saw this site here, but they have blemished tools for decent prices (including PEC): https://www.harryepstein.com/tool-brand/pec.html
  2. Z

Stanley 113 Knob

Arrived yesterday...from the West Coast!
  3. Z

Stanley 113 Knob

Hank, Just ordered the knob from Bob Kaune. He said it was the first 113 knob that he had sold! Bob’s website: Welcome - Bob Kaune - Antique & Used Tools - Bed Rock Types
  4. Z

Stanley 113 Knob

Thank you both! I emailed Ed Lebetkin this morning and found a list of dealers from an Ed Hobbs google sesrch. https://mwtca.org/useful-reference/tool-dealers/
  5. Z

Stanley 113 Knob

This is a long shot. I recently inherited a 113 compass/circular plane that is missing the front adjusting knob. So far I’ve contacted antique-used-tools.com Oldtoolnut59 on ebay New Hampshire plane parts Anyone that I’m missing?
  6. Z

Riving knife

Keye, Did you end up getting the riving knife from shark? There was a recent riving knife discussion that reminded me of this thread on another board about some of the upgrades. Probably the most helpful is that the shark riving knife can now be removed without taking out the mounting block.
  7. Z

15" Grizzly Planer - $650 (Advance) GONE

Those rollers on top are a nice to have with long boards.
  8. Z

Cypress for drawers?

Looks good Jim!
  9. Z

Construction lumber prices

Yeah, it’s ridiculous. I had been planning to rebuild my sun porch since right around the start of Covid and had to heavily modify my budget (at Lear there was little change in shingles prices!).
  10. Z

52" Delta TS extension

Not sure if this is available or if you saw it. I like the idea of the frame and I imagine you could modify this to accept whatever top you might want to fit. It looks like the frame may sit slightly below the saw table, but it could just be the camera angle...
  11. Z

52" Delta TS extension

Agree with Jim about corian. My Unisaw table saw extension table is corian from a bathroom demo with enough left to make a decently sized out feed table.
  12. Z

Riving knife

Their website is not the most user friendly—at least in a phone! Another tip, if you buy the manual riving knife is to cut an access hole above the handle so that you do not have to remove the throat plate to adjust.
  13. Z

Bauer (HF) Compact Router

Anyone have this router? https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/routers-cutout-tools-lathes/14-in-65-amp-variable-speed-compact-router-64944.html Looking at getting a compact router for smaller projects and this looks suspiciously similar to the Bosch and Makita for $30 less. I usually...
  14. Z

Riving knife

Did you contact shark guard before ruling out the riving knife only option? I believe they sell just the riving knife without the plastic guard. https://www.thesharkguard.com/product/riving-knives-and-splitters/ There are other creative options...
  15. Z

Delta Unisaw safety

Your article indicates that a splitter is fixed in relation to the table and must be removed for through cuts. While I agree that a factory riving knife would be attached to the arbor, the shark guard moves manually by the user changing height with the blade, allowing through cuts while...
  16. Z

Delta Unisaw safety

Like Keith I installed the shark guard. The riving knife is always on and has been a nice addition to my Unisaw. The riving knife is “manual” meaning that it does not raise with the blade—but I’ve gotten used to that and it’s not an issue now. When I get my dust collector hooked up again I will...
  17. Z

Replace subfloor bid

That seems like a lot of markup—even considering plywood at $30+ per sheet!
  18. Z

Cypress for drawers?

Cypress has a nasty tendency to twist as it dries-buts flexible enough to bend without breaking. It’s what I used for some trim and my covered porch floor.
  19. Z

planer

I have both a lunch box planer (delta) and a Belsaw planer. I have run rough lumber 8/4 x 8’ up to 10” through both and I prefer the Belsaw. The Belsaw can take a deeper cut and with sharp blades produces a nice cut. Blades are a bit thicker on the Belsaw and are more challenging to change...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS