Search results

1. T

Lumber prices

Lol about right
  2. T

Cloudy finish with water stones

Hope your hand gets better. Will be on lookout for the update on how well it worked
  3. T

Is the slurry suppose to be thin/water like consistency or can you put to much water. I haven't done a lot of sharpening to figure out what is what yet. I've sharpened 3 or 4 chisels a few times(harbor freight chisels) and a plane iron few times. Starting to get a feel for it but haven't got the...
  4. T

Jewelry Box WIP

I know with woodcraft subscription you get access to the online archive to all previous issues also (just have to pay for 1 or 2 year subscription). Thanks... going to have to get the upgrade. I haven't got my first issue fine woodworking yet but been checking the mail everyday like a kid on...
  5. T

Jewelry Box WIP

I ordered year subscription for fine woodworking and didn't get unlimited. Need to go ahead and get unlimited. Is there a lot of plans and videos with the unlimited?
  6. T

Why...

And thanks about the dovetails. I'm wanting to get into box making and some case working (wall hanging tool cabinet:D) so have been practicing every chance I get.
  7. T

Why...

And it's weathered or was bad finish and why was returned under warranty. Not sure and only reason I know when wss returned and wss warranty is bc found receipt between metal.
  8. T

Why...

Lol no it wasn't in a fire. Does look like it though. Believe it or not it was suppose to be new metal just scratch or dent. Was just suppose to be little flaw but instead They gave me metal that was returned in 2019 (warranty return that was installed and it did have screw holes in it also)...
  9. T

My OCD has Gotten to a Whole New Plane

I hopetohave half that many one day. Nice collection
  10. T

Why...

Just finished the metal today. 12x16 starter building for my wood working. If you ever get seconds at metal place in sanford make sure you go yourself to get it. That's what they sold me for seconds at $1.50 ft. But anyways when get saw, planer and everything set up will update pics. Super...
  11. T

NArex Chisels - Richter/95/Paring

I ordered mine from taytool and pretty reasonable price. Shipped very quick. Got them in a weeks time.
  12. T

Jewelry Box WIP

Very nice. Just curious how you find your drawer construction... Looks great can't wait to see it finished.
  13. T

It's National Woodworking Month

Got the same email... :D
  14. T

A grinder is on the top of my list with few other things. 25 degrees is what I'm sharpening all my chisels and irons at with a 27 to 30 degree micro bevel. I had harbor freight chisel set and old craftsman plane. Just invested in the narex Richter chisels and a stanley low angle plane. The narex...
  15. T

When using a water stone is it ok to go back and fourth without lifting the chisel or plane iron or is it best to lift after every pull stroke. I seen what you meant about the scratches now after working on a plane iron. I've got the back completely flat working threw my grits all the way to...
  16. T

Ok will give it a try this weekend and see if helps. What about stropping? Once I'm finished with my final grit should I strop or should the 8000 be enough? If I do need to strop how long it what do I look for to know i I'm done. I've read that stropping can round over your edge if not done...
  17. T

I'm new to wood working. I'm having trouble with sharpening. My chisels and plane iron are getting alright sharp but not what I think they should be. Also the back of my plane irons and chisel backs are cloudy. I have a 400/1000 grit diamond stone from taytool and 4000/8000 grit waterstones. The...
  18. T

Sander and planer gloat

That's awesome! Craigslist is a year place to find stuff. Just bought my dewalt 12 1/2 planer off of Craigslist. You just got to keep checking bc deals go quick. Looks like you where quick enough. Lol
  19. T

Cleaning shop - dovetail and other router jigs

Thanks also Fred. How do you become able to pm. I'm very new but really like this site.
  20. T

Cleaning shop - dovetail and other router jigs

If you still have the incra I will come get today

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS