Search results

1. H

That's not a Jointer....

I also don't see a fence... but then you likely don't need a 24" jointer for edge jointing - haha. If you have room for a 24" aircraft carrier you likely have room for several jointers, each dedicated to a specific task (none of this 'dual purpose machine' stuff!)
  2. H

Dust collector motor

So you noticed a problem there? Please help me understand! :) :rolleyes:
  3. H

Wanted - Dovetail jig- UPDATE got one!

Jean, Jane - a little dyslexia or else an anagram - sorry I missed that detail. A pleasure nevertheless. Hope my dovetails work out as well and as easy-peasy as you promised they would - haha! Appreciate the jig (and the extras), I expect it will work well for me.
  4. H

Thanks so much Bob - it was a pleasure to meet you and your 'apprentice' (EDIT Jean, not Jane), to see your wonderful shop, and to appreciate some of those gorgeous projects you have completed. Seriously nice work! Oh and I also picked up a new jig outta the deal - I left some cash but also...
  5. H

Starting a Clamp Collection

No argument from me - I just have not tried them. I'd be happy to help you out if those "too many clamps" starts to bother you - :D :rolleyes: . Wish I had seen these name brand clamps at Ollie's or Big Lot's - prices would likely be more to my liking.
  6. H

Starting a Clamp Collection

I am in a different camp regarding clamps - at least so far. I haven't read all the earlier posts though. I have not 'needed' the parallel clamps of any brand, and think there is much more 'bang' for the buck elsewhere (NOT knocking them, just haven't chosen to go there yet). I generally...
  7. H

15" Grizzly Planer - $650 (Advance) GONE

And thanks to Martin for keeping us up with all these deals and opportunities out there.
  8. H

Presumably because you bought it, and not because you had it for sale...? Happy planing - methinks you have a lifetime tool there.
  9. H

Sorry to any other interested parties - Bob and I are working out a deal. Not a completed deal, but it is effectively sold; I just need to get there and get it. Thanks Bob!
  10. H

Bobby I'm potentially interested - does this include the bits and bushing? The WOOD mag video suggests these are part of the set... so yes even more interested now.
  11. H

I've made it this far in woodworking without one, but now am in need of a dovetail jig. Don't need much capacity (width), so likely any size will work. I'm in the Raleigh area and need something in the next few weeks. If anyone out there has such a beast that's gathering dust and is wanting...
  12. H

seems like a reasonable bargain - if I were in the market. Needs 220 electrical, but so do many larger planers.
  13. H

Transformer to do Lichtenberg burning - Free

Well it's been great having you on here as a member Hank. You will be remembered fondly. RIGHT, as Jeff noted, BE CAREFUL.
  14. H

NCWW and Social Media

All I can say is wow - first time for everything! Yup, you're pretty consistent on that one - and agree. Makes sense.
  15. H

Router bit slot cutters - can the 'blades' be stacked? (Update)

Thanks Fred and Wayne. I bought a new 3/16" blade and an arbor at Klingspor's WW shop. Having used my set so infrequently, I forgot (or did not realize) that stacking order was important. My problem was that I have the bearing in the wrong spot - it needs to be farthest from the arbor nut...
  16. H

NCWW and Social Media

You can post on Instagram and have it automatically post on FB as well, but unless NCWW gets swallowed up into either FB, Apple, or Google universe, there's not much chance of an integrated platform the way you are suggesting (at least as far as I can see, which ain't far in the realm of social...
  17. H

NCWW and Social Media

hmmm I don't post regularly on FB (and never on other sites) but do answer some queries there. Never considered adding a hashtag (maybe because I am already posting in the NCWW FB group). Might remember to do this - or more likely, will forget! #ncww...
  18. H

Router bit slot cutters - can the 'blades' be stacked? (Update)

--- Update below in thread --- Eons ago I used to stop by the DeWalt Repair Center on Capitol Blvd, and check their bargain bin. At one point I picked up a Porter Cable slot cutter arbor and several 'blades' - 3 wing, carbide tipped cutters in widths of 1/4", 1/8". and 1/16". I have used a...
  19. H

Mistakes in the wood shop

Standard? What is that? I have clients asking for Shaker doors, but some want 2.25" width frames and some want 3.5" width frames. Is bottom rail wider than the top rail? Sometimes...
  20. H

Mistakes in the wood shop

Metric any easier? Total faceframe width is 39 1/2"; with two stiles, each 2 3/8" what does the length of my rail need to be? I would think so, and while I have no difficulty with metric, so much of standard materials and my thinking on these is 'non-metric'; a 4x8 sheet will forever be a...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS