Search results

1. H

Wanted - Dovetail jig- UPDATE got one!

I've made it this far in woodworking without one, but now am in need of a dovetail jig. Don't need much capacity (width), so likely any size will work. I'm in the Raleigh area and need something in the next few weeks. If anyone out there has such a beast that's gathering dust and is wanting...
  2. H

Router bit slot cutters - can the 'blades' be stacked? (Update)

--- Update below in thread --- Eons ago I used to stop by the DeWalt Repair Center on Capitol Blvd, and check their bargain bin. At one point I picked up a Porter Cable slot cutter arbor and several 'blades' - 3 wing, carbide tipped cutters in widths of 1/4", 1/8". and 1/16". I have used a...
  3. H

Gloss variations? sprayed pigmented lacquer - Update 2 - Op error?

I have spray finished some shelving units, and their backs, with a primer and the white the Target EM6500 product. The result is fine when viewed head on (perpendicular) - no issues in coating. However when viewed in low angle bright light, it is clear that my work suffers from gloss level...
  4. H

RDU CL - Dewalt Track Saw - $260 (Pittsboro/Chapel Hill) (This posting has been deleted by its author.)

EDIT - presumably SOLD - end EDIT not mine, not endorsing DW tracksaw (cordless) with 59" track (but not battery etc). Henry _____________________ Dewalt Track Saw - tools - by owner - sale Dewalt Track Saw - $260 (Pittsboro/Chapel Hill) image 1 of 3...
  5. H

RDU CL - Air Filtration System - $125 (South Durham)

not mine, not endorsing... Another fan + filter in a box - I love mine (different brand). EDIT - also note that there is a similar Grizzley brand filter box also posted on RDU CL. (END EDIT) Commentary: Dubious statement of "High quality air purifier." This is a filter for solid particles, not...
  6. H

RDU CL - Grizzly Lathe - $550 (Johnston County NC) - SOLD?

EDIT - CL post deleted by author - presumably SOLD - end EDIT not mine, not endorsing... 'Full size' 16x46" lathe, @about 50% of new price. Henry _________________________________________ Grizzly Lathe - tools - by owner - sale Grizzly Lathe - $550 (Johnston County NC)...
  7. H

RDU CL - Steel City 10" 1-3/4-hp TS... $400 (cary) (EDIT - post deleted)

EDIT - CL post deleted by author, presumablky SOLD - end EDIT not mine, not endorsing... Henry _________________________ https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/cary-steel-city-hp-table-saw-with/7293760893.html Steel City 10" 1-3/4-hp table saw with granite table top, model 35951G - $400...
  8. H

SOLD: Devilbiss compressor, 20 Gal, oil-free $175

I just don't use this enough to justify, so want to clear the shop space. $175 (with $35 of that to go to NCWW); Going on Craigslist tomorrow if no interest shown here. Details: 20 Gallon, Devilbiss compressor, oil-free Model PRFB5020VP-1 120V/15.0A/60HZ/1PH 8.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI 6.3 SCFM @90...
  9. H

Handplanes - and set up (woes)

I am a relative novice when it comes to hand planes, but find myself reaching for the few I do have more often. Several are inherited from my Dad, one a gift from him long ago, and a few others (shoulder plane, block plane, and a mini-block plane). LV shoulder plane has been the most used, and...
  10. H

RDU CL - Jet Jointer - $150 (Edit - SOLD)

EDIT - SOLD - end EDIT not mine, not endorsing sounds too cheap to be true... but jump on it if interested Henry _____________________________ https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/franklinton-jet-jointer/7288946300.html Jet Jointer - $150 image 1 of 3...
  11. H

RDU CL - SOLD - Triton MOF001 2-1/4 HP Dual-Mode Plunge Router - $100 (Fuquay-Varina)

EDIT - SOLD - end edit not mine, not endorsing (but I want it...) Henry ________________________________ https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/fuquay-varina-triton-mof-hp-dual-mode/7287472963.html Triton MOF001 2-1/4 HP Dual-Mode Plunge Router - $100 (Fuquay-Varina)...
  12. H

RDU CL - Air filtration unit - $100 (N Ral.) (GONE)

Not mine, not endorsing... but seems like a good deal; mine is Powermatic with a remote and 3 speeds and a timer, but cost waaay more than $100. I do not know the specs on this JDS unit. Henry ________________________________ Air filtration unit - $100...
  13. H

Festool sander - dust port adapter?

Having purchased the 'entry level' Festool sander a few years back, I have struggled to adapt some fixture to the dust collection port. Lately at the advice of a store employee, I searched plumbing fixtures and found that a sink drain extension fit over the dust port, but loosely. With an old...
  14. H

Dado jig - 'exact width'

There's nothing 'original' here, I just thought I'd post in case others had not considered such a jig. I suspect others (Joe Scharle, the jigmeister) have posted something like this back in the archives, but pics haven't necessarily migrated to the new platform. Anyways, I am working on a...
  15. H

RDU CL - Belsaw 9103 12" Planer - $450 (North Raleigh)

not mine, not endorsing, ... but I do have one exactly like this. For a 12+" planer, this is a beast. It will out last you. Needs 220V. It is capable of spewing dust and shavings everywhere - designed and made before dust collection was a thing. Dust and chip collection can be 'added.' if...
  16. H

RDU CL - Craftsman Disk Belt Sander - $100 (zebulon) (SOLD?)

EDIT - no longer listed so presumably sold - end EDIT I have posted combo sanders like this previously. I have one EXACTLY like it and have found many uses for it. Mine was a Grainger purchase originally (not where I got it) and may have a different motor that this. As a sander it is of...
  17. H

Wen track saw - initial user comments

Bought a Wen track-saw, some PowerTec track (2x55"?), and a pair of Wen 6" clamps (for tracks). Here are a few new user impressions and comments. EDIT: Model is WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut END EDIT I chose this on the basis of the value (performance / cost) and after seeing some...
  18. H

How good is the dust collection on a track saw?

So I am considering a Wen track saw, but want to hear from any user of a track-saw. Is the dust collection sufficient to use inside? I need to work with a bunch of sheet goods, and plan to do in my basement (to break down into pieces) rather than my shop (shop space has constraints). I don't...
  19. H

Vise advice? Pop-pop has me considering options

Wow - perusing Mike's cross-thread vise post(s) has me drooling. Vise workshop second prototype This looks amazing, and quite accessible (with all the details that I believe are found in previous posts). Here's my context question though: Is this appropriate as a first/only vise? Could it be...
  20. H

Chair caning near Raleigh?

Anyone know of someone who does chair caning (preferably near Raleigh or Wake Forest)?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS