Search results

1. Rick Mainhart

Why...

Hi Hank, This was all done with a ShopBot PRT96 CNC router using a 1/8" shank 0.050" diameter end mill at 1"/second cut rate and 0.5"/second plunge rate. Had to use a 1/4" to 1/8" collet adapter (thank you Klingspor!) ... fun to see such small fine work on such a large machine (48" x 96" x 6"...
  2. Rick Mainhart

Why...

Here is a peek at a part of my current project. (Sorry about the portrait layout). These are two rosette blocks for the bookcase project I'm still working on. The bottom image was engraved with a 60 degree V-Bit in air-dried poplar. It's pretty ragged, partly because I missed the fact that...
  3. Rick Mainhart

Fence rail source?

Lowes and Home Depot carry split rail fencing (be prepared for sticker shock). I'd also call a few fence installation companies and ask them if they'll part with a few. Regards, Rick
  4. Rick Mainhart

CNC endmill sharpening?

Good morning Brad, Here's an alternative: Sharpening • Bits and Bits Company Haven't tried them yet, but will probably send them a pile of dull router bits to sharpen. They also recycle carbide, so if you have broken carbide bits, they'll be happy to have them. Regards, Rick
  5. Rick Mainhart

Hardwood Plywood - Winston Salem

Good afternoon Sean, Last time I picked up plywood from Rugby was on 12/30/20 ... I picked up 2 sheets of 3/4" 4 x 8 D03 RC WPF Maple White Face VC Sel White Rotary Cut Whole Piece Face VC TSCA (paint grade but really nice face) for $52.51 each. From a material standpoint alone, the material...
  6. Rick Mainhart

Hello All

Thanks everyone!
  7. Rick Mainhart

Free Table Saw

Good afternoon all, Andy, the saw is still available. You can call me or send me an e-mail if you want to coordinate pickup. Berta, thanks for your offer, but I really don't want to be holding onto parts of a saw ... I'd rather it continue to be useful to someone (Like Andy's friend). Bruce...
  8. Rick Mainhart

Hello All

Hi, I'm Rick from Kernersville. We moved here after I retired from the US Coast Guard in 1995. I've been woodworking since the early 1980s in one form or another. I started out with home improvement projects, and gradually moved into small projects and craft items. My woodworking experience...
  9. Rick Mainhart

Free Table Saw

I have a 10" Direct Drive (2 HP!) Sears/Craftsman Model 113.226880 table saw available for anyone wanting a project, or is willing to risk the motor completely quitting on you during your next project. Yes, the direct drive motor takes its own sweet time spinning up and while it does have the...
  10. Rick Mainhart

Hardwood Plywood - Winston Salem

Hi Ryan, Rugby in Kernersville. Nc Triad Mdc | Locations | Rugby ABP I'm using some 3/4 maple veneer cabinet grade plywood on a project and am very happy with Rugby and the plywood (actually made in Fort Mill, NC). Regards, Rick
  11. Rick Mainhart

Table saw time

Good morning Stephen, Just went through that search. I finally decided on the Grizzly G1023RLW. I decided after receiving the saw that I should have gotten the mobile base (T28000) ... but it will be here next week. I'm happy to discuss my initial thoughts on the saw (it's still in the garage...
  12. Rick Mainhart

2x4 Office Shelving

Thanks for the suggestion Jack. I forgot to mention that all the adjustable shelves are faced with 1" thick poplar. This is for a church and preschool library and edge banding won't last. The poplar and shelf receive a 1/4" x 3/8" groove and a 1/4" x 1/2" spline (cut from the 1/4" plywood...
  13. Rick Mainhart

2x4 Office Shelving

Hi Jim, Here's another design that you might consider: This is one of five bookcases I'm building for our church library. Inside dimensions are 9-1/2" deep, 31" wide, 74" tall Outside dimensions are 10-3/4" deep (including 3/4" face trim),32-1/2" wide, 80-1/2" tall (includes toe kick, top...
  14. Rick Mainhart

I need a few parts made from aluminum and brass.

You might consider contacting Clark Easterling at Windy Hill Foundry and see if this is something he might consider casting in either aluminum or cast iron. While casting from an existing casting adds some error (2-3% shrinkage if I recall), you might be able to use your existing trunnion(s) as...
  15. Rick Mainhart

Craftsman 10" Table Saw

Good afternoon all, Thanks for thinking about me. The Lucas Replacement Smoke Kit (Lucas Replacement Smoke Kit) that I found at a yard sale has me back running on this project. After further thinking, and deciding that I really want to woodwork, not restore woodworking machines, I'm going to...
  16. Rick Mainhart

And then the magic smoke oozed out of the table saw ...

Thanks Neal, I appreciate the information. Still doing my homework and letting my finger rest! Regards, Rick
  17. Rick Mainhart

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate the information. Regards, Rick
  18. Rick Mainhart

Good afternoon Fred, Thanks for the link. Regards, Rick
  19. Rick Mainhart

Thanks everyone for your offers of assistance, suggestions, and comments. I pulled the blade off the saw this morning and despite the operators manual stating there was nothing to service on this motor, I found a screw to allow oiling the arbor end bearing. After much fuss, I managed to find...
  20. Rick Mainhart

Good evening Jack, Another good link ... thank you very much. The Shop Fox W1837 looks like a pretty good saw, sadly no one has them in stock. I'll keep digging through the rest of the reviews you linked. Regards, Rick

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS