Search results

1. K

Old Woodsmith article

About 10 years ago I gave away 15 years of Woodsmith magazines. I went on there web site hoping I could buy a copy of an old magazine or article. You have to buy a copy of every magazine they have published. I am looking for a copy of the plans for a 9 drawer apothecary in the 1995 vol. 17. I...
  2. K

Dust collection hose

I need about 20 feet of very flexible dust hose. I have a 2 port dust collector I am going to use for my table saw and BS. The runs are so short I do not see any need for elbows. I also need 2 blast gates. I read somewhere to be sure and put the blast gates in the correct direction. I have an...
  3. K

Need help tuning a bandsaw

Just passing along something I was told by someone I respect. If both wheels have built in crown the wheels "do" need to be co-planar. Do not have any idea about other size and brand of bandsaws but the Delta 14" does have crowns on both wheels. Thanks for your list Hank, learned something new...
  4. K

thumbnails

OK, what the heck is "Gallery embed"?
  5. K

thumbnails

Hank I feel your pain.
  6. K

albums

Is it possible to look at someone else's album, if so, how?
  7. K

thumbnails

Finally have pics on the web site. How do I post thumnails rather than pictures?
  8. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Thanks!!! I told Bob I would let him know how this turns out with Aturra.. I will also keep you in the loop.
  9. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Yes I am sure. This co-planer issue is something I do not profess to know anything about. I have seen conflicting opinions about this issue. I figure it can not hurt anything to assure they are co-planer so this is what I do. Dumb question time. If you tilt the upper wheel to adjust the...
  10. K

BS blade tracking hinge

I really appreciate your efforts because I am really lost. I will call Louis Aturra on Monday and see what he has to say. The hinge came from him. Just as a follow up. I put everything back together leaving off the guard. There were no problems. I put the guard back on and the problems...
  11. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Bob, as I noted before, in the picture I posted, the location of the nut is happenstance. I had just put everything back together so I could take pictures. I realize the nut moves up into the sliding bracket as you turn the knob attached to the threaded rod. Actually it moves up and down...
  12. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Bob, I measured the blade 5 times and it is 92 3/4". I measured a blade which I used when the riser was still installed and it is 105".
  13. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Thanks Jeff I will.
  14. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Hey Bob. Been hoping you would jump in on this. Did you mean to say 93 1/2" without the riser. I am looking at the Delta manual and it says 93 1/2". Since I was going to take the riser out I ordered a new blade. I have the same issue with the riser in or out. I will measure the new blade just...
  15. K

BS blade tracking hinge

You are absolutely correct. I have the Iturra Design catalog open to page 66 on my desk. In bold black letters it reads "Delta's Weak Link". Several pictures show screwed up original Delta hinges. Delta no longer makes this part. A good source for discontinued Delta parts is Renovo Parts. They...
  16. K

BS blade tracking hinge

That is the correct number, 904 642 2802. Louis Iturra will probably answer the phone if you call. He has answered every time I have called. Sorry, I did not realize finding his info would be hard. The info was provided to me by a member of NCWW. Do not remember who. Mr Iturra has helped me a...
  17. K

BS blade tracking hinge

The catalog is about 250 pages so there is a lot of info. He does sell products, not just his own, from other companies.
  18. K

BS blade tracking hinge

Thanks, one of the things I should have checked first but still not the problem. The tracking hinge I have came from Iturra Design. They make this hinge. It is made from solid aircraft grade aluminum. It is made to handle the higher tension springs being made now. As an aside if you do not have...
  19. K

BS blade tracking hinge

The spring just happened to be located there when I took the picture. The spring is new. The old one was compressed over 1/2".

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS