Search results

1. Rushton

Dust Collection Duct Layout Advice Needed

Yes, we will do that! Friction fit, a bit of pure silicone, and a small screw if and where needed. :)
  2. Rushton

So, for any who have been following along, here is the "final" design of the duct layout for our Clear Vue CVMAX installation - at least until it all changes. I've incorporated several recent suggestions, with great thanks to Alan in Little Washington and to everyone else who has offered...
  3. Rushton

Thank you, Alan. Your suggestions are very good! This is what I love about getting different eyes on a project - you've seen things differently. I'll play with this to see if I can get all of our drops to work without that extra 8"trunk that you suggest deleting. Looks like this can work! And if...
  4. Rushton

Now that I've found the Normandy Products 6" 90-degree elbows (the ones with the larger radius curvature than others we see), I've completed our duct layout design and thought I'd share it here. I still have some work to finish on the separate 6" drops in the center of the floor for the bandsaw...
  5. Rushton

Alan, thanks for continuing to stay in this! I appreciate your help. What coincidences! The elbow you found is the one I also found late last night. It is manufactured by Normandy Products and it does seem to be built on a bit larger radius than what I've been seeing: I found it available...
  6. Rushton

I have only seen these long sweep wyes in Schedule 40. Do you know of a source for our D2729/SRD35 ducts?
  7. Rushton

Thanks for providing more suggestions. I will run as much of this as I can with a 45-degree wye and the drop at 45. But I have several locations where I'd need a 45-degree wye and then a 45-degree bend to vertical. This is where a sweep 90 would reduce the number of joints in series, which might...
  8. Rushton

Making 90-degree turns when we just can't avoid them... Continuing the layout design planning for this new dust collection system, I've been trying to sort out whether to use standard sweep 90-degree elbows or paired 45-degree elbows with this D-2726/SDR35 piping. I'd love to have available to...
  9. Rushton

Hi Charlie, thanks for your encouragement! Our planer is a DeWalt Model 735 13" planer mounted on a moveable flip top cart. You can see the cart, with its top flipped and the planer underneath, to the side of the bandsaw and in the general outfeed area of the table saw. There is a barely...
  10. Rushton

Good suggestion. Thank you.
  11. Rushton

Thank you, Notw. While my goal is to keep flex connections under 4', this is a good consideration.
  12. Rushton

Minimum Run Time Switch for 5HP Cyclone Motor

:) Yep, the testing results reported by Daniel seem about right to me. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/shop-vac.63769/#post-590238
  13. Rushton

I don't know the Db but is seems to all of us in our community shop that the Fein runs far quieter than any other shop vac any of us have used. None of us have used a Festool, so can't compare to that. But it's very noticeably quieter than a Ridgid or ShopVac. And, the suction is great!
  14. Rushton

Good point. The Fein vacuum is pretty quiet (that's why I bought it), so it will live in the open for now. If we place it in a cabinet, I'll make sure to provide baffled air exhaust and keep heat build up in mind.
  15. Rushton

Several people suggested moving the cyclone into the adjacent storage room space for sound reduction. We obtained permission to use that space and I've done a couple alternate layout sketches. The concern we have in using this space is respecting the peace and quiet for two people with offices...
  16. Rushton

Alan, this is an EXCELLENT set up and good solution for the miter saw and all of the various small machines that need suction. We have a CV06-Mini cyclone so we might well clone your entire setup! I like it. Thank you for going to the trouble of sharing this. Huge help! We are now playing...
  17. Rushton

Thanks, Wiley.
  18. Rushton

I appreciate the additional thoughts about integrating a miter saw. We will have a Festool Kapex compound miter saw in the shop. It is supposed to have reasonably good dust capture at its blade guard and integrated dust port when used with a shop vac hose attached to that port. I think I'll need...
  19. Rushton

Alan, the automatic circuits you have built into your shop system would be ideal given the variable knowledge level of multiple users. I like that your circuit is set to turn on the DC but not turn it off. That's a perfect design choice in my opinion, particularly good for moving from one...
  20. Rushton

These are all excellent suggestions and considerations! Thank you. Rob, your example scenarios were very helpful to me envisioning how such a delay timer might adversely impact people in the shop. We will plan to move forward without a delay timer and instead rely on forcing people to walk to...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS