Search results

1. D

Working Sycamore

I have been given some sycamore to build a blanket chest. I have never used it. Someone told me they thought it was “*gnarly” to work with. Any experience out there ? I believe it is flat sawn.
  2. D

Moisture meter

I have not had an overwhelming need for a moisture meter until now. I will not use it often so I don’t want a top dollar high tech job...just a fairly accurate reading. Any recommendations ?
  3. D

Moisture meter recommendation

I have not had an overwhelming need for a moisture meter until now. I will not use it often so I don’t want a top dollar high tech job...just a fairly accurate reading. Any recommendations ?
  4. D

Blanket chest plans

I need a good plan for a blanket chest. I have been given a bunch of walnut to build one for a charity auction. Can anybody recommend one ?
  5. D

Cabinet complete

Here is my latest project. This cabinet is curly maple and sapele. Aniline dyes were used on the maple and black lacquer on the sapele. The curl pops nicely but it doesn’t show in the pics. I wanted to use non mortise hinges but I had a hard time finding them in polished silver. I finally found...
  6. D

Yet another Christmas box

Here’s another made from curly maple left over from a table. Ebony Keyes.
  7. D

Another Christmas present finished

Here is a simple jewelry box going out for Christmas. Made from Masur Birch and Bloodwood scrapes, Ebony Keyes. Finished with Beall Buffing process.
  8. D

After market Drill press depth stop

My Griz has that double nut stop that takes 2 wrenches because I cannot finger-tighten them. Can anybody recommend an after market replacement with thumb screw or some other method to lock it that doesn’t slip ?
  9. D

More Christmas boxes

Here are some of my Christmas boxes. Sapele and Spalted Maple Sapele and Big Leaf Maple Burl Mahagony and Koa Mahagony and Bloodwood. Ultrasuede lining Will be held on by rare earth magnets when they get here. Aren’t boxes fun to make. And people love ‘em.
  10. D

2 recent cabinets

I know this design has been done to death, but it was fun building these. Sapele and Spalted birch Curly wormy maple and Bloodwood. Both have handles I made of Bloodwood and holly.
  11. D

8 Figured Walnut boards-Revised

Some time ago I purchased 10 walnut boards from the same log. They are 9.5” to 11” Wide and 12 feet long. They have been sanded on both sides down to 7/8” and almost knot free. Lots of figure and curl. This is a unique opportunity to get enough beautiful matching lumber for that special project...
  12. D

A place to sell work

My wife says either we get a bigger house or I get another hobby. With each piece I make, I have to get rid of one. I have given all my family chests, tables, boxes, etc. We have no room left so I would love to try to sell my work, at least for the material costs. I'm sure I am not alone here...
  13. D

⁸Latest project

I just finished this table of Mahogany and Ebony.
  14. D

Member-created Work posting

How do I earn the ability to post in the "Member created work" forum ?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS