Search results

1. decibel

Festool OF 1400

2. decibel

Festool OF 1400

Enabler . Don't help me
  3. decibel

Festool OF 1400

Man if I didn't have one already... Somebody grab this before I rationalize buying another one!
  4. decibel

POSTPONED April 4 Sharpening Workshop

Thank you so much Mike. I learned a lot if you get the chance definitely recommend investing the time with Mike! Now I know sharp :). And got some great ideas for organizing my shop. Will be back again!
  5. decibel

Festool domino Charlotte $700

Not mine but if I didn't have one I wouldn't be posting https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/charlotte-festool-domino-df-500/7172102633.html
  6. decibel

Festool domino joiners

You can get the 700 to work on thinner stock using some accessories and even use the 500's cutters with an adaptor. So you could look it at as the 700 can do pretty much what the 500 does if you add the right accessories. With all that said most of my work falls in the realm of 500 and if I...
  7. decibel

Festool domino joiners

I would go for it if you can and want to. I fortunate enough to have both dominos and only used the 700 on a couple of projects bit wife wanted to buy me something.
  8. decibel

Worried too much about wasted wood?

Glad to see I'm not alone, here's a slight variation of it. I tend to get paralyzed constantly altering the project to fit what's in my scrap. So for instance I'm doing my roubo legs I need 4 1/2 wide. I could cut another piece from the 8 foot long 12/4 board I have or use a scrap piece...
  9. decibel

Worried too much about wasted wood?

Hey guys I have a hard time with my projects because I spend so much time trying to eek out every part out of the least amount of lumber possible. I am grabbing off cuts digging through scrap to prevent waste. Am I going too far l. I just feel guilty cutting up big boards when. I can find...
  10. decibel

New Reduced Price For Sale - Powermatic 3520b lathe with outboard turning extension

You might consider posting it on AAW or one of the local wood turning clubs. I could asks the group at Southern Piedmont woodturners if you want to open it up to them.
  11. decibel

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

My latest ones are the sketcher work shoes with steel toes with my orthotics. I've also learn to sit down when I can vs standing for long periods of time I had a shop stool and never used it when I should :)
  12. decibel

Drilling deeper holes than quill travel.

I think I have a couple options to try. Good pointers on how to drill by hand so I'll try those first on some scrap to see how bad I do. I have a brace and bit I've not used it much so that may be the route so I have more control.
  13. decibel

Yes I'm drilling for the criss cross. Should have gotten the freaking retro brackets!
  14. decibel

Good though dennis.... I do have a full size lathe. I usually use my drill chuck in the tailstock. So I'd just make a carriage and put my chuck in the headstock and go from there. Now I'm not good at jigs so any drawings / examples can help :)
  15. decibel

:) Nova drill press is in the future I don't think I'll ever need to drill holes like this again. I don't plan on building another big workbench. After watching the video that seems like a total pain in the rear. if I can't get it drilled straight I'll just get the brackets for the vise...
  16. decibel

The death of my first friend, my dad

Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how when I was younger I used to hate hearing "you're acting like your dad". Now I know I'm probably doing something right if I'm acting like him. Hopefully it provides some comfort to know there's a part of him that's also a part of you.
  17. decibel

So I need to drill out some deep 3/8" holes 5" and 9" deep. Now I ditched my drill press but my old one was only a 4 quill travel. I will eventually replace that drill press that would handle the 5" deep hole but obviously it wouldn't help with the deeper one. I'm probably going to...
  18. decibel

Drill press in Charlotte?

So I got rid of my drill press to make space in my shop and of course now I need one. I figured I could get to one at the makerspace here but it's not available. I need to hog out some material for my Roubo legs and drill a the pins for the Criss Cross. I probably won't be ready for that...
  19. decibel

Building Question: Shop Expansion

Yup it will part of the challenge is I have a "pinch" point because the table saw and jointer are side by side as since they need significant in-feed/out-feed space. If it's longer I could spread them out more. As it is now I have like a 1 foot wide walk way between them and for longer...
  20. decibel

Building Question: Shop Expansion

You raise a good point I didn't think about :( Right now I could get a away foundation on skids and concrete blocks but if I get longer that may be an issue. If I have to go through pouring a foundation then I might as well go big or go home right? Thanks for the sketch that helps a lot. I...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS