Search results

1. A

Dust Collection Duct Layout Advice Needed

My reply has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Alan, I see you live in Washington, NC. It’s a place with a long and pleasant memory for me. I spent many a summer with my grandparents there fifty or more years ago. My grandfather ran the production credit association office...
  2. A

Router Rabbet bit recommendation (is it rabbit or rabbet?)

I have this setup. Works well and accurate. The instructions were a touch dodgy so I measured to be sure.
  3. A

Router Collet Extensions

I used whichever one that the Klingspor shop sold because it was what they had and I didn’t have to wait. It was okay.
  4. A

Klingspors Virtual Extravaganza 2020

I did that with my Incra miter gauge. Got just a leeetle too closed and BAM! But I learned how to get the brake off the blade. I had lost one carbide tooth. Just for fun I took the blade to a local place recommended by Freud. They checked the blade to make sure that it was flat. Which it was and...
  5. A

Bosch Random Orbit Sanders

Would rather have a five inch but can’t find them either.
  6. A

I wonder what the problem is. At any rate, I guess I will stick with my Dewalts.
  7. A

I have been reading about the various Bosch random orbit sanders and the chatter is generally positive about them. What I am finding is that I can’t find the 3.3 amp models. Klingspor Woodworking Shop shows late December for having the six inch version.
  8. A

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

Or all of the above. I can be picky about it too. I have gotten bad samples and it’s just maddening. Especially to return one and still get one with the replacement. If I had another place locally to buy the saw I bought I probably would have. I will never trust mail order for things like that...
  9. A

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

Interesting thread. My newest Dewalt, DW779, is a Taiwan made saw that is seemingly quite well made. I have gone as far as adding the light kit found on the DW780 at a significant savings over the 780. All of the castings seem to be fine and smooth, and the saw seems to be okay. I will keep an...
  10. A

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

No worries. Just thought I would offer.
  11. A

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

Like I said earlier, I have a DW718 with the laser I’m asking $225 for. It’s made in Mexico if you want to take a look. I am in Morganton.
  12. A

Jointer Blades

Thanks Mitch
  13. A

Jointer Blades

Thanks Cuthriell
  14. A

Jointer Blades

Thanks Fred.
  15. A

Jointer Blades

A 2 part question for a vintage Craftsman 6” jointer. Where is a good place to purchase a good set of blades and any tips for setting this thing up? thanks
  16. A

Oscillating Multi-tools: What do you have? What's good? What's bad?

I have two Rockwell’s. One with the quick change and the other doesn’t. I really like the Rockwell. Of course I have nothing to compare them to but they work well and don’t care to trade them.
  17. A

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

Thx! Don’t want to break the rules.
  18. A

Morganton

Thanks all for the welcomes. I am looking forward to what is offered.
  19. A

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

I am just a new user. Can I respond to someone wanting to buy when I have what they want?
  20. A

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

If you’re still looking, I have a Dewalt DW718 dual bevel sliding compound miter saw with the laser I need to sell. Was asking $225.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS