Search results

1. D

Forest Woodworker ll

Sorry to check out so long. Been dealing with family issues. Give me an address and I will send it to you if you can use it.
  2. D

Forest Woodworker ll

So sorry. I have a 10” WW II you can have if we can arrange it. It is just too much for my saw. How can I get it to you ?
  3. D

Gluing to oil stained wood?

One word...epoxy
  4. D

Sold: Incra TSIII 32” TS Fence $200

You are going to love this fence. I have used it on my Jet for 15 years.
  5. D

Working Sycamore

I have been given some sycamore to build a blanket chest. I have never used it. Someone told me they thought it was “*gnarly” to work with. Any experience out there ? I believe it is flat sawn.
  6. D

Moisture meter

I was given some sycamore, mostly spalted, in return for building something fir a charity auction. I plan to build a full size blanket chest and a smaller matching miniature one. The wood was cut and stored inside since fall of 2019. Since I haven’t worked with sycamore, I don’t have a sense...
  7. D

Moisture meter

I have not had an overwhelming need for a moisture meter until now. I will not use it often so I don’t want a top dollar high tech job...just a fairly accurate reading. Any recommendations ?
  8. D

Moisture meter recommendation

I have not had an overwhelming need for a moisture meter until now. I will not use it often so I don’t want a top dollar high tech job...just a fairly accurate reading. Any recommendations ?
  9. D

Blanket chest plans

Wow. Thanks. I will use oneofthese.
  10. D

Blanket chest plans

I need a good plan for a blanket chest. I have been given a bunch of walnut to build one for a charity auction. Can anybody recommend one ?
  11. D

SOLD - Set of Six—Stanley Sweetheart Chisels

Ed, the next time you have chisels, just email me directly .
  12. D

Flocking

OK. So you do the cavity by hand. I was thinking about that foam that you can press something into.
  13. D

Flocking

How do you “French fit” a box ?
  14. D

Cabinet complete

The dividers are in sliding dovetails slots in the sides of the carcass. They are sapele but dyed black. So now you have a big dovetail box with 5 “compartments”, for 4 drawers and cabinet. Leg blanks get a stopped rabbet, sorry I called it a dado, on the router table. It is about 3/4 by 1”. It...
  15. D

Cabinet complete

The carcass is a big box dovetailed together at 4 corners using the Keller Jig. Next, dovetail dividers were put in front and back. The leg stock got stopped dadoes, shaped, and then glued on all 4 corners, protruding above the top of the carcass about 1”. The top sits on the legs. The...
  16. D

Cabinet complete

Here is my latest project. This cabinet is curly maple and sapele. Aniline dyes were used on the maple and black lacquer on the sapele. The curl pops nicely but it doesn’t show in the pics. I wanted to use non mortise hinges but I had a hard time finding them in polished silver. I finally found...
  17. D

Yet another Christmas box

I think Brusso makes them, but not sure. I have had them for a long time..very easy to install.
  18. D

Yet another Christmas box

Here’s another made from curly maple left over from a table. Ebony Keyes.
  19. D

Another Christmas present finished

Forgot the pics...not enough coffee yet.
  20. D

Another Christmas present finished

Here is a simple jewelry box going out for Christmas. Made from Masur Birch and Bloodwood scrapes, Ebony Keyes. Finished with Beall Buffing process.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS