Search results

1. C

CPowell Back for More

Been a while since I last visited. Work took over my life for a few years, but I finally decided to back off a little. Moved from Rocky Mount to Swansboro about 18 months ago...new job...retired April 2020 when Covid reared its ugly head. (I felt there was too much exposure visiting crowded...
  2. C

Equilibrium Moist ContentRev1.xls 2019-04-16

EXCEL spreadsheet for Wood Moisture Content. Enter Temp (Deg F) and RH (percent). Calculates Equilibrium Moisture Content per the equation referenced on the LHS of the sheet. Sheet is protected but you can unprotect by selecting "Tools", "Protection", "Unprotect Sheet".
  3. C

48 inch table repair

I've seen Dan's work in the photo gallery and in various posts here and recommended him. Awaiting a response from my daughter.
  4. C

48 inch table repair

My daughter and SIL have a 100+ year old dining table that needs veneer repair. Table is 48 inch round with 2-3 insert leaves. They live near Yanceyville, NC. Does anyone here want to look at this for them? Reply/send a PM and I will get you in touch. Awaiting more pics. Chuck
  5. C

TS blade sharpening

I haven't sent off blades in a few years now. Used Dynamic Saw previously. Where do you send yours?
  6. C

4/4 Walnut

I'd like to find 100-150 bd ft 4/4 walnut. AD or KD is fine, just not steamed. Last I checked Wall and Hdwd Store both stocked steamed.
  7. C

How much for cherry and walnut?

Don't know going price but am interested in 10/4 walnut.
  8. C

Sycamore, walnut

I like flat sawn walnut. Regardless of flat or QS, you are pretty close to me. If the wood is clear and no shake and will be KD then I would be interested in some. Chuck
  9. freezer_rust_and_cracks

freezer_rust_and_cracks

10. C

off to the sawmill for the first time! Any advice?

That's it - you owe me a keyboard!! :gar-La; :gar-La; :gar-La; Chuck
  11. C

Dirty power, VFDs

QFT. Amazing how many problems are caused by inadequate grounding.
  12. C

Craigslist plane find

Wow - that is a very, very good deal!! Gloat-worthy I'd say.
  13. C

Pre-Christmas Gloat

Whoa - good on ya for pulling the trigger!! I have wrestled with the idea myself (annually) but just can't quite commit. Gloat duly recognized, and a hearty "You Suck" to boot. :D :D :D
  14. Stanley Doweling Jig

Stanley Doweling Jig

15. C

Porter Cable Router Base Recall

I sent them a pic of the motor nameplate on my 2006 Model 7518. Thanks for posting the recall! :) Chuck
  16. C

gift from the neighbor

Wow that's a beauty. Great score!
  17. C

Finished Table

Adam - I really like the table! Would be nice to see a close up detail of the top. Thanks, Chuck
  18. C

Moxon vise racking fix

I use the set of spacers to prevent racking, like Mark. Once you get in the habit of using them they are quick and effective.
  19. C

Shop drawer storage unit for my two sons

Lucky kids to grow up with a Dad as thoughtful as you! That's a great idea and it is something to be cherished for a lifetime or two. :cool: :cool:
  20. C

Joinery choices

The tenon looks too wide on the through M&T. Would prefer larger shoulders, preferably haunched tenon. It is more work to make a through M&T look good at the "through" end. So I prefer closed M&T.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS