Search results

1. B

Ray Iles English Mortise Chisels 1/2” and 3/16”

New prices posted...virtually new tools Happy Monday! Bryan
  2. B

Planking the boat

Very, very nice! I have always loved and admired Adirondack guide boats. Bryan
  3. B

Talking to him now, thanks Bowman! Bryan
  4. B

Yet another wood identification question

Could it be cypress? Have you tried sanding a small area to see if it releases a smell?
  5. B

Early 1900s vanity/dresser refinish

I started out with the standard Lowe’s/HD chemical stripping gel. Once I removed the large areas, I used an old chisel and a card scraper to get in the corners and such. Finished with 80, 150, 220, and then 320 grit paper. The stripping gel worked great, but sure was a mess! Bryan
  6. B

$100 for 1/2” and $60 for 3/16” Thanks, Bryan
  7. B

PHENOLIC ADHESIVES?

I used phenolic for reenforcing the tips of recurve bows and always used standard epoxy.
  8. B

Early 1900s vanity/dresser refinish

Thought some might enjoy this... This was my great grandparents, I am guessing from the early 1900s...it was auctioned off many, many years ago after they passed, but the buyer never came to pick it up. So, it spent many years in the barn, before my brother took it, and put a nice thick coat...
  9. B

Planking the boat

Is this an Adirondack guide boat?
  10. B

Estate sale treasures

I think that’s the trick...getting there WELL in advance.
  11. B

What's your favorite "cheap" tool?

My Case pocket knife!
  12. B

Estate sale treasures

Wish I could be so lucky at estate sales...good finds!
  13. B

Shoulder Plane

Very nice!
  14. B

Juniper for boats

Matt, Thank you for the reply and information. I’ll save that contact and get in contact with them before long. Bryan
  15. B

Juniper for boats

Thanks for the replies...yes, I have read some about terminology mix up with juniper vs Atlantic white cedar.
  16. B

Hello

Bas, I generally have hoarded whatever I can find. I also have an interest in modern tool makers making in the older style, such as Skelton saws and Old Street planes. It’s nice supporting guys that are making a living producing that style of tool. I have recently gotten a good deal of tools...
  17. B

Bow saw

Silky makes great saws for around the yard.
  18. B

Juniper for boats

Hello, Is anyone aware of a good source of juniper lumber, to be used for boat building? Preferably in NC or close enough to drive. Thanks in advance. Bryan
  19. B

Hello

New to the forum. I am a NC native, although I have lived in AK, OK, and NM. I am a bit of a collector of hand tools and enjoy 18th and 19th century style wood working and building techniques. I am also a lover of wooden boats. Bryan

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS