Search results

1. charlessenf

Wanted 33.25" x 1.75" x 4.5" piece of hard wood in LENOIR, NC --- CLOVER, SC

33.25" x 1.75" x 4.5" is the finished size. I do not have a Joiner I do have a 735 planer and TS and Router. So, I need one flat face to start! I put Lenoir -->> Clover as I travel that route (down 321 usually) and hoped to find something within reasonable travel time. Would you call it three...
  2. charlessenf

Statesville, NC: Planer Saw, Heavy Duty Wood Shaper, Molding Edger/Wood Planer, Delta cut-ff saw

Its a wonder we educate anyone in NC when our school system can't describe the equipment they bought and are nw offering at auction. It appears that the equipment is good, fine r better thought the descriptions may have been composed by someone for whom English is a second language and wood...
  3. charlessenf

LOADS of WOOD @ ReStore Wilkesboro

Someone donated a couple of 'pallets' of rough sawn lumber to the Wilkesboro Habitat ReStore - been a few days - just thought of it while posting the GOV DEALS on the Morganton lathes. Stuff was eight plus feet long piled outside and more (shorter) stuff inside. Sorry, I can not (reliably) tell...
  4. charlessenf

Two Rockwell/Delta wood turning lathes and assorted tools

In Morganton, NC Two (2) Rockwell/Delta wood turning lathes and assorted tools - govdeals.com Two (2) Rockwell/Delta wood turning lathes and assorted tools. Both units are 110 volt, single phase units. These units are being stored at an alternate location and will need to be picked up. Listed...
  5. charlessenf

Newton, NC School WW Tool Auction

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Classic&inv_num=&category=00&kWord=&kWordSelect=2&sortBy=ad&agency=1091&state=&country=&locID=&timing=bySimple&locationType=state&timeType=&timingWithin=1&rowCount=10&StartRow=1 Sanders; Table Saw (Rockwell), Lathe, Drill...
  6. charlessenf

IS there a Metal Cutting Blade for the Porter Cable 14" Bandsaw?

Looked on a couple of sites - no luck. Thought to ask the members. Thank you
  7. charlessenf

Shop Fox Heavy Duty Mobile Tool Base - $40 (Lenoir)

hickory.craigslist.org/tls/d/lenoir-shop-fox-heavy-duty-mobile-tool/6967076354.html
  8. charlessenf

What to ask for my Rough Cut Walnut - 1 live edge

1- 3 3/8 x 11" x 111" Rest are 4/4 X 9'4" and 11" at smallest width along the boards. They have been sitting in the basement for four years or more and it is time to move them on. However, I have no idea what to ASK per BF for Non KD Walnut. Nor do I know what a Moisture Meter Reading might be...
  9. charlessenf

Purchase Raffle Tickets Page Issue

I went to purchase two tickets for $10. I completed the form and pressed "SAVE" (I believe) and, after a bit a red text message appeared that I assumed meant I entered something incorrectly. I checked my entries and, satisfied, pressed the "SAVE" button once more. Again the delay and again the...
  10. charlessenf

GovDeals Iredell-Statesville Schools Auction 9 Wood Power Tools

Rockwell Table Delta Router Delta/Rockwell Band Saw Wood Planer Delta/Rockwell Band Saw Delta DeWalt Table Saw Delta Scroll Saw Bench Grinder Bench Grinder Seller Name: Iredell-Statesville Schools, NC [view seller's other assets] Asset Contact: Calvin Freeman (Phone: 704-450-4415)...
  11. charlessenf

TONS of this phenolic material you can buy real cheap

I received this offer this afternoon and thought to pass it on to "my wood working buddies." The "phenolic material" is the stuff they may Zero Clearance Inserts from (well, maybe not the 1/4" stuff). "If you ever want to drive a truck here, I've got literally TONS of this phenolic...
  12. charlessenf

Installing Cathedral Crown Molding Help

I watched Gary Katz videos*** on Installing Crown Molding on a flat ceiling and was seriously impressed by his approach to teaching the concepts and important points. After spending several hours 'on the net' without finding anything (of a similar quality) on installing Crown on a Cathedral...
  13. charlessenf

Grizzly 15" Planer G 1021 GovDeals.com Auction

Grizzly 15" Planer G 1021, 220vac works well. Sold as is where is. https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemID=282&acctid=364 Auction Ends: 10/19/18 5:45 PM ET Remaining: 13 Days 1 Hr Refresh Bid & Time Starting Bid: $300.00 Bids: 1 High Bidder: s***********c...
  14. charlessenf

Biscuit Thickness vs Biscuit Jointer Blade Kerf

OK, I've a biscuit jointer and a bag of Vermont American #20 Biscuits. To me the Kerf on the Jointer is too large (wide/thick) and the pocket created with it too large for the biscuits. But what do I know, right! So, I thought to ask here before touching my project with this Jointer...
  15. charlessenf

Woodmaster 718 Planer/Sander/Moulder - $1600 (Abingdon)

https://tricities.craigslist.org/tls/6642733555.html American made Woodmaster 718 Planer/Drum Sander/Moulder with new Titan Knives and new sandpaper on drum. This planer has a cutting area of 18 1/8" X 6 3/4". I have the single moulding head, accessory shaft drum sander and extra...
  16. charlessenf

Delta 14-inch band saw tire (advice) sought

Tire on the upper wheel came of this evening. From the look of the broken end, it was RED when new! It definitely shows wear - and age. However, the tire on the bottom wheel is black and, I believe, rubber. Went to Amazon and found pairs of replacement tires in Orange and Blue Urethane...
  17. charlessenf

DeWalt 735 Planer Stopped working (3-blade; Two Speed)

I need to know why and, failing that where to take the HEAVY planer for a Factory Authorized or better repair. I ran about two boards through it last time out and switched it off. Went to run another board through three days later and it would not start. I tested the outlet for power as well...
  18. charlessenf

I've got the Maple Top (2,25 x 28" x 64" - Now what!?

I found an old Maple top in Boone (GovDeals Auction). Got it for $150 It had been used in the school Art Department and suffered the misfortune of various slings and arrows. The bottom surface is 'pristine' in appearance save for the fact that it had been drilled to fasten a support or two...
  19. charlessenf

Laguna Tools16 (Meber) Italian Bandsaw - $1450 (Black Mountain)

Saw this item and thought to buy it. However, I cannot find much in the way of detailed specs. The seller sent a pic of the label on the motor but it only shows 8.8 Amps and 220VAC - no indication of rated HP which could run from 1.5 to 5 based upon the research I did so far. In any case, you...
  20. charlessenf

Powermatic Planer; GovDeals; Troutman, NC

230 volts, 5 HP and 3450 RPM electric motor. The planer was working when took out of service. https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=853&acctid=2291 Auction Ends: 10/30/17 10:25 AM ET Remaining: 3 Days 22 Hrs This item is subject to an auto extension of the auction end time...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS