Search results

1. BKind2Anmls

Latest For Sale Listings

I reported this a while ago but it is still happening. When I click on the link to the right "Latest for Sale Listings" it doesn't take me to the for sale listings.
  2. BKind2Anmls

What's your favorite "cheap" tool?

Harbor Freight chisels. I abuse them in a way I would never do to my fine chisels. Very handy.
  3. BKind2Anmls

Need benchtop drill press

We moved into town so I am going from a very large shop to a very small one. I had to get rid of all of my big tools except my bandsaw and table saw. This includes my beloved Delta floor drill press. In the new shop, I only have room for a bench top. I use forstner bits quite often so I need...
  4. BKind2Anmls

Advise for beginners

When using a band saw or a scroll saw, look where you are going not where you are cutting. Just like driving a car, you don't look at the tires, you look a little ahead. Look ahead of the blade, not at it.
  5. BKind2Anmls

Brand New Freud Dial-a-Width (SD 608) Dado Set...Outstanding Deal (SOLD)

I read one woodworker puts the left side adjustable blade on the right side of the blades, leaves off the right side of the stack, and uses the large washer to secure. I have the same dado set and will just use a narrower stack and make two cuts on those rare times I need a wider dado. I love...
  6. BKind2Anmls

New bowl

Beautiful!
  7. BKind2Anmls

For Sale

When I click on the link on the right "Latest for Sale Listings" it takes me to "What's New."
  8. BKind2Anmls

Abandon my chop saw?

Nick, I went through the same thought process. Moving from a very large shop to a small one. Do I take my miter saw or not? It is a 12" Bosch. I decided to take the miter saw, put it at the narrow end of my building and build a table on either side attached to the wall. I will then make a cut...
  9. BKind2Anmls

Mini-split installation

Has anyone used one of those window unit that heats and cools? Sure would be easier and less expensive. I've already had a 220 line pulled to the shop.
  10. BKind2Anmls

Mini-split installation

I have ordered a Mr. Cool from Lowes.
  11. BKind2Anmls

Mini-split installation

I have a 10x22 shop. The walls and ceiling are insulated and the inner wall is OSB. I think a mini-split would be a good fit. Is this something I can install myself? I was going to have a contractor install a small concrete pad outside the shop for my mini-split outside unit and my dust collector.
  12. BKind2Anmls

Router table router died

I have the big Bosch router and find its weight makes it easier for me to control. It's power means I can push at whatever speed I feel comfortable with.
  13. BKind2Anmls

SawStop: Thank You!

The instructions are very good. I think the hardest part was opening up those flaps on the hardware packages! :D
  14. BKind2Anmls

Great use for an old piano. Not mine.

15. BKind2Anmls

To Insulate or not to Insulate

Daniel was right. It would cost me over $500 to buy the insulation and an insulation company quoted me $450.00 to do the building. They are going to staple the insulation and then I would be responsible for installing the OSB. Do I need to OSB the ceiling or just leave the stapled insulation?
  16. BKind2Anmls

I had not thought about building a wall on the door end. I have some barn door hardware I didn't use so that may work. I also had no idea that an insulation contractor might be able to do it more cheaply. I really was not looking forward to insulating the ceiling myself. I have a 6 ft long loft...
  17. BKind2Anmls

Thanks everyone. I guess I will insulate walls and ceiling. I'll mark the studs so I can hang my french cleats and probably use luan or something similar to hold the insulation in. Then I'll paint it semi-gloss white.
  18. BKind2Anmls

Since my husband decided he didn't want to tour the country in an RV, we have bought a small house in town. We bought one of those buildings you see on the side of road everywhere for my new wood shop. The building is 12 x 26 ft. It has the standard 2x4 studs, wood sides and a metal roof. The...
  19. BKind2Anmls

Bandsaw Adjustment Help Needed, Please

Thanks, everyone. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do all of the mechanical stuff everyone is suggesting. I know how to track the blades using the wingnut and bolt on the back but even when I turn it all the way clockwise the blade still runs off the wheel. I will check the tires. I may not...
  20. BKind2Anmls

Bandsaw Adjustment Help Needed, Please

I have a Delta X5 band saw with a riser and have been using it successfully for many years. A couple of weeks ago the blade came off while I was using it. Startling, but nothing was hurt except the blade. But now, I can't get a blade to track. Every blade moves toward the front of the saw and...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS