Search results

1. J

Need Some Joinery Help

How thick is the stretcher (3/4")? I'd just cut a rabbet on the inside faces of the stretchers and drop the shelf into the rabbets. No mortice and tenons, and no glue needed.
  2. J

How do I make this large profile?

That sounds like your best buy.
  3. J

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

I'm curious. Why do you want to upgrade your tools to Li-ion technology? My DeWalt drill (DW959) works fine using Ni-Cd batteries and I've had it for about 8 years. I did buy two new Ni-Cd batteries for it (DW 18V XRP). I have 2 batteries so if the one that I'm using gets low I just switch it...
  4. J

I did WWing

Nifty little project! ;)
  5. J

SketchUp not supported

Ron Natali fixed the problem and we can now upload SketchUp files to Resources/Project Plans.
  6. J

Farmhouse table style 2020-11-24

A very basic farm house style table base with half lap joints.
  7. J

Craftsman 10" Table Saw

Carry on Rick.
  8. J

Revised the DeWalt Saw- before / after

Nice refurbish work. It looks pretty close to the original saw. https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW746-Woodworker-4-Horsepower-Intermediate/dp/B0000302Q9
  9. J

I need a few parts made from aluminum and brass.

I have a delta 10" tilt top table saw from the 40s (I think). The trunnions are made of pot metal and pretty famous for breaking and are more or less unobtainium. I have a pair of good ones, Taylor, maybe it's time to get a new saw. I doubt that even a well equipped machine shop would make...
  10. J

Craftsman 10" Table Saw

Rick Mainhart is in Kernersville. I doubt that he'll come all the way to Cary to pick it up, but it can's hurt to ask him if he's interested.
  11. J

Zoom classes with Roy Underhill

Each class is $10 donated to the Woodwright's School. [
  12. J

Drying Redheart

Duck calls?
  13. J

Woodwright's Shop Zoom Classes

Here are the first four classes being offered and the dates. You have to sign up and pay a $10 donation for each class. Roy will send you the Zoom link to log in.
  14. J

Sad state of affairs for SYP

15. J

Another little cherry table.....

I prefer Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish and avoid oil based and water borne poly like a plague. It's easier to apply and easier to repair without removing the entire poly finish used previously.
  16. J

SketchUp not supported

Thanks Neil. I'll start a conversation with him although I'm surprised that he didn't respond at the Help Desk.
  17. J

In this case it's not an acronym. There is no choice-all three species are lumped together and you can't pick and choose at Lowe's or Home Depot. I wasn't being difficult and you didn't say what you thought was "weird" about it. Sorry.
  18. J

What's so weird about it? It can be any one of the three: Spruce, Fir, or Pine. https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/what-is-spf-lumber-3970453 https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lumber-Composites/Spruce-Pine-Fir/N-5yc1vZbqpgZ1z0vl6y
  19. J

And then the magic smoke oozed out of the table saw ...

I also have the Bosh 4100 job site table saw. It has worked fine for many projects. I don't have room for a cabinet saw.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS