Search results

1. M

Another little cherry table.....

Have never used water based poly ..... I have been experimenting a little and tried Chris Schwarz mix of 1/3 blo, 1/3 thinner, and 1/3 poly... wipe on and wipe off. I think I put it on a little too heavy maybe..... anyway since it is a table top I put a few more coats of thinned out poly on the...
  2. M

Another little cherry table.....

I just love the looks of the simple cherry table.... Had a tough time with the finish on the top. I thinned some poly and put a few coats on (satin) but it kept leaving lines when it dried... When I tried to level them, 0000 steel wool, then 2000 grit paper, made it cloudy... finally I took a...
  3. M

Card Scraper Sharpening

Paul Sellers has a good video as well. Card scraper sharpening was kind of like learning to water ski - it took me a long time and a lot of tries to "get it" and I still am inconsistent (at both !) It seems like such a simple thing but I have gotten better with practice.... but the hardest...
  4. M

An Aggravating Project - But It's Done!

Looks great Donn... lotsa work to get that right....!
  5. M

Recent Turnings

I am running out of words... but your stuff is like ice cream, I love it but sometimes it makes my brain hurt!
  6. M

Woodshop Preference

One visit to Charlie's shop = priceless.. Just sayin....
  7. M

Kitchen Island: Completed!

Love it!
  8. M

Wine cabinet commission

I'm sorry, I must have passed out when I read "stained cherry" to look like golden oak"...... Where am I?
  9. M

Just a little table....

She did not like them, so into the scrap box!
  10. M

Just a little table....

Years ago my wife did this: Yes, it's a popcorn tin with a glass top. She found this on Pinterest or etsy: So I had my project.... First get approval: Sorry didn't figure out how to rotate that... I like poplar for painted pieces Making circles Adding a lip Circles, more...
  11. M

COLEMAN FOURSHEE'S FATHER PASSED AWAY

So sorry for your loss.
  12. M

Latest Turnings

Always wonderful to see what you came up with this time.... and they are all, always amazing!
  13. M

SawStop: Thank You!

Keeping your thumb.... priceless! Glad you kept all your digits! Say hi to Adele!
  14. M

A One Week Project

Any chance we could get a pic of the underside - would love to see how that was made.... nice. Piece!
  15. M

Townsend Knee Hole Desk

Glad you're back. That desk is going to be awesome.....
  16. M

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

I should wear my steel toes, but I am usually in running shoes, and put a floor mat in front of the workbench. Currently sporting a black and blue big left toenail from something I dropped on it months ago.
  17. M

Recent Turnings

Stunning Charlie, as ever....
  18. M

Beginner Handtool (Dovetail?) setup

+1 - love working with poplar. Pine not so much....well actually not at all....
  19. M

Beginner Handtool (Dovetail?) setup

One thing we are never short of is advise! I used to be a power tool only guy but now I do all/most of my joinery with hand tools. I have watched pretty much everything Paul Sellers has on you tube and have used his methods to make some FSO's ( furniture shaped objects) that mostly have not...
  20. M

Happy birthday Phil S

Looks like I am a day late, but happy birthday Phil!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS