Search results

1. Shamrock

North Bennet Street Semester 2 Projects - Shamrock gettin'r'done

Here goes-I stayed busy this semester playing cards and building furniture. My goal of coarse was to complete all of my required pieces for the 2 year NBSS program in 1 year. (That's the shaker nightstand, the toolbox, a chair, a table, and a case piece) I took care of the 1st 2 + a few other...
  2. Shamrock

North Bennet Street School - Shamrocks Semester 1 Projects

Well hello fellow NC Woodworkers and happy winter from the not so great white north. I think you all may have received more snow this year than us so far! :gar-BiAlas I digress. The real point is to catch you all up on the 1st semester of NBSS projects. If you want more of the specifics of the...
  3. Shamrock

A Impromptu student "plane off" -- NBSS week 3

Hello all again, as promised here, I'm pleased to detail the results of our 1st annual impromptu student "plane off". A quick background 1st. Last week many of us (i.e 1st year students at NBSS) bought used planes at the MJD tool auction in Nashua, NH. My prize was a Stanley Bailey #4 for $25...
  4. Shamrock

The Return of Shamrock-now as a North Bennet Street Student!

Well hello again NCWW members, it's been a long time since I last posted and I've sorely missed the community here. I've kept in touch with a few of you along the way but let's get everybody caught up, shall we? Quick history..... a prolific NCWW poster for 6 or 7 years disappears, what...
  5. Shamrock

Tulip Sideboard Weeks 3, 4 and a little of 5

Here we go, making good progress started week 3 gluing up the panels for the frame and panels for the inside bottom and back of case: then mortises in the frame pieces then the layout in prep for the dreaded glue-up I decided to use space balls for these assemblies (they're fun...
  6. Shamrock

Tulip Sideboard Week 2

Here's the progress for week 2 Finished all the joinery for the front frame (4 different types of joints - Mortise and tenon, half laps, tongue and groove, and dovetail) At this point I was going to start the frame and panel for the back but realized I needed a little more...
  7. Shamrock

Tulip Sideboard - The Beginning Week 1

Hey Folks, it's been awhile since I've done a WIP series so here it goes. This project is a large Cherry Sideboard that will have tulip marquetry on the 2 center doors. The 1st week involved drawing out a full size layout of the piece as well as processing and selecting the lumber for the...
  8. Shamrock

Anybody Going to Woodworking in America in October?

Me thinks I might be going this year and was wondering if any other NCWW's are planning on attending. www.woodworkinginamerica.com
  9. Shamrock

European Beech and Karelian Birch Cabinet

Fresh off the press-delivered today! This was a local commission I've been working on for a few months now. This one was a bit of a challenge and included a bunch of 1st's for me. The legs and aprons are all solid European Steamed Beech (oh I love this stuff by the way) The doors and side's...
  10. Shamrock

Shamrock Lyptus Demilune Needs your Votes- Pics included!

Hey Folks- Bill C recently posted about NCWW's in the Popular Woodworking Excellence Contest for 2013. Well-we need your votes. I 've got the following table submitted. If you've got a extra minute take a little time and vote. Maybe with a little success you'll see one of us in PRINT. You can...
  11. Shamrock

Wood Inventory Reduction-Pomelle Sapele, Wenge, Lacewood, and more Veneer

Hey Folks, Just gauging some interest for some possible inventory reduction here at the studio (I've got to pay for my new Powermatic Planer somehow:wsmile:) Super Exotic : Pomelle Sapele @ $15 bd/ft - (this is veneer quality lumber at $10 bd/ft less than retail) 8/4 : 11...
  12. Shamrock

Gold Gloatious Maximus

Picked this little bad boy up from Tom Hintz today after he listed here this morning for $1000:swoon:. Now I know what your saying that's an incredible price for a 15" Powermatic planer (I know I agree) But Hold On! it get's even better...
  13. Shamrock

Veneer Blowout-Help me please I'm buried in veneer

Hello Fellow NCWW members, You may or may not have seen the recent post by Jazzflute (Kevin) trying to get together a group of NCWW's interested in participating in a IRS auction for veneer. Three members ending up participating, myself, Kevin, and Jeremy (Ronj103). Kevin was kind enough to...
  14. Shamrock

New Marquetry Table

Hey Folks, I'm furthering my woodworking journey with some attempts at marquetry. This is a small table I designed I call the rotor table (the shape is that of the rotor in the Wankel rotory engine). This was also my 1st attempt at the "natural" carved edge. This little beast was a little more...
  15. Shamrock

Latest projects-or at least ones I've finished recently......

I have in fact still been woodworking-just not actually finishing anything:gar-La;. So with that in mind I thought I'd share a few that I have completed. The 1st is a demilune out of sapele. Originally it was supposed to have this top: View image in gallery But I managed to screw it up...
  16. Shamrock

4th Annual Charlotte Area NCWW Christmas get together

Well Folks it's that time again-just throwing this out to see what kind of interest we have this year (Charlotte get togethers have been few and far between this year) I can once again offer to host this at my shop but if we have other interested in hosting just let us know! I think this year...
  17. Shamrock

Charlotte Lunch and Get together for Torque and Twisted Exhibit?

Hey Folks, Saw the posting about the Torque and Twisted Exhibit up at UNCC and was wondering if anybody would like to get together on a weekday for lunch and then go view the exhibit? The Gallery is open Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00pm. Lets see if we can get some interest! Thurs Nov 15th seems to be...
  18. Shamrock

Ballerina #2 and a new foot design

Here's the 2nd Ballerina table I built-the 1st table I posted was actually the 2nd one built. (have I confused you yet:))Anyway, this was the 1st time I attempted the Louis cube top with veneer and it was really gappy (i.e. after I sprayed laquer on it the 1st time you could see divets - like a...
  19. Shamrock

My 1st Class-Shamrock as a teacher? Students table Completed

Hey Folks, Lest you think I've been inactive, here's proof that I've in fact been busy, and with teaching none-the-less. This was a woodworking 101 type class where my student (Lisa) wanted to gain some exposure to woodworking. We discussed what she wanted to build and came to the mutual...
  20. Shamrock

Tool Cabinet- Finnnnnnalllllyyyy

Well it's only taken me 5 years but I finally finished my tool cabinet today. I started this in the very beginning of my woodworking adventures and it has been "pushed aside" many, many times as other more urgent or more interesting projects came along. Sooo... I finally got tired of moving all...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS