Search results

1. Woodmolds

SealCoat has vanished

Klingspor has it. https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/zr00854/
  2. Woodmolds

Vacuum Press

Nice looking table. I built mine from plans at Joe Woodworker for flat panels(about 3'X7' max). Lots of good info there. If you have any questions shoot Joe an email and he will help. https://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/vacuum-frame-press.htm Tony
  3. Woodmolds

Small Parts Storage

Thanks very much.
  4. Woodmolds

1ph vs 3ph

"The 3-phase power supplies are more efficient. " "3-phase will be cheaper because the amp requirement will be lower thus you can use smaller gauge less costly wire. " These are the main points for me. I have several small HP 3PH motors that I run daily. Table saw 5HP, Bandsaw 2HP, CNC router...
  5. Woodmolds

Small Parts Storage

Sometimes the process is more fun than the solution. Tony I sometimes get carried away & I do have a thing for drawers.
  6. Woodmolds

Cold forming plywood question

Depending on final thickness, curve, etc. More layers of veneer(thinner plys) the more stable the final product(no spring back). Gut feeling is fiberglass will add nothing and could cause problems later. These are just my opinions and are not based on science just my experiences.
  7. Woodmolds

Repeat with better photos

I would venture to say MESDA would be interested in documenting this piece and could be very helpful in identifying the wood. You could contact Daniel Ackerman(Interim Chief Curator) at MESDA or contact the Research Center at 336-721-7379
  8. Woodmolds

Casters

Try here- Casters | www.surpluscenter.com Prices can't be beat, I've purchased several sets from them and I'm always happy with what I get. Big selection. Tony
  9. Woodmolds

Material for curved dashboard

You can get a little better pricing on thin "Finnish Birch" at Aircraft Spruce. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/wppages/finnishbirch.php I've purchased from them several times. Thin ply comes very well packed. East Coast location is Peachtree City, GA
  10. Woodmolds

MR MDF in the Triangle

This is pictures of what I used(the darker pc). It is 1" thick. I'm willing to let you have it for free, if it will work for you. Pick up would be my shop, just off 220 North near the NC/VA border.
  11. Woodmolds

MR MDF in the Triangle

Search or ask for Extira. I have used it for signs when I did CNC sign work. I didn't do the purchasing, so I can't remember where it came from. It looked like a wax impregnated MDF. I had some , but I think I disposed of it. I'll check. "Extira panels are a material that is unique in three...
  12. Woodmolds

Sherwin-Williams Sherwood pre-cat lacquer

Looks good. Black and very dark colors are very difficult to hide imperfections. Sherwin Williams has conversion finishes, but I'm not versed on them. If your local store stocks cabinet or furniture products your salesman probably can be a big help. Ask him to stop by and discuss their products...
  13. Woodmolds

In the clears somewhat, but it is more expensive than the T77 and it does not save any coats. So only a small savings in time. The P65W4 is the fastest drying and best sanding product I have used, granted I've not used all there products.
  14. Woodmolds

T77 as a sealer/primer is a little slower to powder up. Overnight drying works best for me with that product. That said, if you are running an exhaust fan you should gotten decent results after two hours unless humidity was extremely high. Sanding between coats works much better(faster).
  15. Woodmolds

Sanding Disc Hub

Chicago Die Casting...
  16. Woodmolds

The P65W4 sounds similar to what you're using. It fills really well, sands to a powder, and dries in about the same time. The catch is it only comes in 5 gallon containers(at least at my store), one of the reasons I don't use it for color. Most of my color jobs only need 2-3 gallons. Sometimes a...
  17. Woodmolds

Convoluted, but I use a white vinyl primer surfacer(P65W4) first coat. This does a good job filling and leveling and dries very fast and sands good. Second coat is Colored Vinyl Sealer(P63W2), Third is the T77 sanding between coats not needed. Light sand and top coat T77. Occasionally I use a...
  18. Woodmolds

If I were younger I would go with HVLP equipment, but I'm not buying new equipment now for no more than I do. I have multiple tanks I leave setup and only clean up my color tank and I use a cup for really small jobs. I have a finish room with filters, but it's still hard to keep clean. Sherwin...
  19. Woodmolds

Powermatic Planer Sharpening Grinder

Funny you should mention eBay. I just did a search and found one listed complete for $750(18"). A 12" is also listed. Now that's reasonable.
  20. Woodmolds

If you're referring to T77, yes I probably spray 50-70 gallons a year, for the last 5-6 years. Not production amounts, but a good bit. I personally love the product, it is high solids. Pretty forgiving of temp and humidity. I use a pressure pot so I can spray it unthinned, which is how it is...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS