Search results

1. PeteM

Some other projects

I recently posted my hat hook project but just so you don't think that's the only thing I've done this year here are a few other things I've cobbled together.
  2. PeteM

Latest project!

I haven't posted a project in quite some time so here's my latest. Design and specifications by LOML. Material: Sweetgum sourced from our backyard. Tools used: Dewalt Sawzall, Stanley #5 hand plane (to flatten back) Irwin double edge saw (for finishing cuts) Drill with countersink. Finish...
  3. PeteM

Sears Craftsman Router Crafter

I bought this from Craigslist some time ago thinking it would be fun to fun to make some barley twist legs and just play with it a while. Life happens and I have never used it so maybe someone here would like it. Not in great shape but seems to function as intended. Google "Craftsman Router...
  4. PeteM

Sketchup question

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this. Please tell me what it is! How do you place evenly space dividers in aa frame like the one pictured? I figured it out manually but surely there must be an easier way to do it. Like, say I wanted to change it from 3 sections to 5.
  5. PeteM

Basswood - Big, Thick Basswood for sale

I'm just doing smaller carvings now so I'm selling my heavy stock. It's pretty hard to find basswood sized like this so hopefully, someone can put it to good use. Left to right: A = 6.5x5x51 - 11.5bf B = 5.5x3.5x51 - 6.5bf C = 4.5x2.5x63 - 5 bf D = 7.25x3.375x40 - 6.5bf E = 11x2.375x60 = 11bf...
  6. PeteM

Scotch-Brite Pads

Do you know that there are 5 different "Gray" Pads with different part numbers and different grits? (I didn't). Not to mention a Light Gray and a Dark Gray and 3 different Maroons. There is also a separate line for woodworking. Here's a pdf with all the details.
  7. PeteM

Makita 15 5/8 Planer & Shopsmith at Pittsboro Habitat

Not mine etc Makita 15 5/8 Planer & Shopsmith with about every available addon at Pittsboro Habitat for Humanity. They're up for auction to end March 12.
  8. PeteM

Carpentry Compiler

https://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/carpentrycompiler/
  9. PeteM

Basswood - Thick & Wide Boards

5 boards - left to right: A - 6.5 x 5.0 x 51 11 bf $57.50 B - 5.5 x 3.5 x 51 5.5 bf $27.50 C - 7.5 x 4.0 x 43 8.5 bf $42.50 D - 7.3 x 3.4 x 40 6.5 bf $32.50 E - 11 x 2 4 x 58 10 bf $50.00 Buy all 5 for $190.00
  10. PeteM

Pecan Slab Coffee Table

I haven't done much woodworking this year but I did manage to get this done. I picked up the slab at Scott's open house earlier this year.
  11. PeteM

Some ERC I got from Scott a while back . . .

These things are way to popular! I've made 3 and have requests for 3 more.
  12. PeteM

Artists Wanted . . .

Artists wanted for Spring Chatham Mills Farmers' Market Arts + Crafts Fair The Chatham Mills Farmers' Market is now taking applications for its Spring Arts and Crafts Fair, to be held Saturday, May 31, 2014. Artists and craftspeople within 100 miles of Pittsboro are welcome to apply. For...
  13. PeteM

Words fail me . . .

http://www.wired.com/design/2014/02/meticulously-detailed-dioramas-made-entirely-wood/#slide-id-434531
  14. PeteM

JagUar Growler Carving

There are 2 Jag Logos affectionately referred to as the Growler and the Leaper. This is my attempt at carving the Growler. Carved in Basswood - 9" diameter Background is Wenge veneer. Frame is Sapele.
  15. PeteM

Carving is Easy!

Carving is Easy! I began carving an Elephant and made a mistake so I turned the elephant into a Buffalo. I made a mistake on the Buffalo and turned it into a Bear. I made a mistake on the Bear and turned it into a Dog. I made a mistake on the Dog and turned it into a Cat, I made a...
  16. PeteM

Help Wanted - Woodworker

I know nothing about this job. Just thought someone here might be interested. Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:29:40 -0500 From: Pam Brady <pabrady@rtmc.net> Subject: Help Wanted - Woodworker My husband is looking for a full-time "C" employee - Competent (EXPERIENCED WOODWORKER), capable (can...
  17. PeteM

Sapele cutoffs

I have a bunch of (mostly) Sapele Cutoff's (some Walnut and Cherry in the mix). The pieces are all about 18"-19" long and vary from 2" - 6" wide; 3/4" - 2" thick. I estimate it to be about 38bf total. $30 takes it all. Pickup in Pittsboro. It's all good useable wood. I'm just doing some cleaning...
  18. PeteM

Chest of Many Drawers?

What's up with the Chest and Charlie's Vase? How about an update as to where they are and what is being done to get them them sold. pete
  19. PeteM

Anyone care to try this?

A Little Turning A Little Carving Lots of Talent! https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c p
  20. PeteM

Hand hewn oak beams

Not mine. I have 13 16' & 17' beams. My research dates them to pre 1820 Jim Nitsch 919-548-0748 http://handyjim.com

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS