Search results

1. 2

Random Discovery at Home Depot Hawaii

I remember seeing a pretty good selection at HD in Knightdale last time I was there, but that's been awhile. Not as good a selection in Wake Forest. They call them "Project Panels" - just look up plywood project panels on the site and you'll see a selection. Red oak. maple, walnut, aromatic...
  2. 2

Local hardwood

Any suggestions for farther east? So far all of these seem to be west of Raleigh, some a good bit. Worth the trip if necessary, just looking for other options.
  3. 2

Help, what’s this do/for?

Definitely looks massage-table like to me, although the opening for the face seems a little small. The drop pieces would be for arms when face-down.
  4. 2

Progress on Workbench

That looks too nice to actually do work on! Now back to my dismal 2x4 and mdf workbench. Nice work
  5. 2

SawStop Questions

Sorry, I'm a little confused still. redknife says "one-time unless you trigger a stop", but KenOfCary mentions "switching from the 10" brake and 8" Dado brake", which would seem to indicate you need to switch back when you go back to the 10" brake?
  6. 2

Fence Alignment

I'm still not seeing how this doesn't result in a slightly tapered cut?
  7. 2

Replacement windows

I've recently replaced some windows myself, due to the previous ones being badly installed (no flashing and uncovered OSB on the exterior!) - my only bit of input from that: make sure you flash it right!
  8. 2

SawStop Questions

If you don't mind me adding another question: I just read elsewhere that SawStop can be a bit of a pain when it comes to dados - something about changing the cartridge? Could someone who knows elaborate a little more on that?
  9. 2

What is your indispensable hand tool?

D Didn't know about those, I think I'm going to have to get one!
  10. 2

What is your indispensable hand tool?

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  11. 2

Another price question

One question I have: How do you determine if/when you are at a place to charge for your work? I think I have a long way to go before I'm any significant skill level, but I sometimes have people asking me to build things for them.
  12. 2

Woodworking with Parallam

Building, yes, but never thought about doing woodworking with it. Might have to rethink that!
  13. 2

Sharpening a File With Vinegar - Cuts Like A New Black Diamond!

Thank you. I can see how that makes sense.
  14. 2

extendable legs for student desk?

The threaded insert seems like the most elegant solution, but what you describe sounds quite workable and simple.
  15. 2

Disposable Gloves

For me, they were impossible to find for awhile, but lately I can find smaller packs (like 10-packs) at Ace or Dollar General pretty regularly.
  16. 2

Sharpening a File With Vinegar - Cuts Like A New Black Diamond!

I haven't tried it on my files yet, but I just did a vinegar soak on some old hardware for a table I'm restoring and it worked wonders at cleaning things up.
  17. 2

Not much in the General Woodworking section

Just hopped over there: looks like it's meeting minutes and instructions & plans. If this is to be instructions I can see that making sense, but just a "follow my build" doesn't seem to belong there. Just my opinion. Others will differ. EDIT: Ok I guess there's some builds there as I'm...
  18. 2

Not much in the General Woodworking section

That would be confusing to me - I wouldn't look in "Resources" to follow a project, I would look there for instructions or information about tools, etc.
  19. 2

Ridgid warrantee made useless

Curious how many HD's you've encountered this problem with. Corporate, websites & call centers are a very different issue, and many are having problems due to unusual volume recently. Are you seeing this at multiple stores? Basically - is it really a systemic issue with HD or is it just bad...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS